McNair vs Manning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MsTitan, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

No one is bashing McNair. If bashing Mac is saying that another player (a potential HOF at that) is better, then people on this board need to get a grip.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Unless Manning has a career ending injury game 1 next season I think he is in the Hall.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I hope he ends up next to Marino.

4. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I thought that game was the AFC championship, but I concede the point that I could be wrong. I don't think you would just lie, so I'm wrong. So what? Manning can't win anything of Value. It's silly to argue whether it's better to have good stats or win games, and in some of these posts that's exactly what we've been doing.
    Anyway, nobody can win this. But it's fun arguing with you guys.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

He made the hall 2 seasons ago.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2005 - Divisional Playoffs - Colts defense holds the Steelers to 21 points. Manning throws for 290 yards. Defense held the Steelers to 21 points. 3 Touchdowns. And the Colts who scored 439 points this season couldn't get that.

2004 - Divisional Playoffs - Colts Defense held the Patriots to 20 points. Not even 3 TDs. The Great Manning leads the Colts to 3 points. Dont even need to explain how good Manning and the Colts offense was that season.

2003 - AFC Championship - Colts Defense holds the Patriots to 24 points and the Great Mannings favourite reciever was Ty Law with 3 completions to him.

I just don't see these horrible defenses that your talking about. 3 Touchdowns each time. The Colts easily put up 3 TDs in those years.

7. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

I for one would just like to see McNair with a leading rusher and a hall of fame WR at the same time (coupled with a decent OL).

I love the Titans but I actually want McNair to leave Tennessee and go to a team that has better offensive players so he can prove the naysayers wrong.

Go Mac

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mad about mcnair.....

Why take my word for it, go look up the stats on profootballreference.com. They have all the playoff stats for players going back to the 1980s.

9. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

Because, like I said, you don't need to lie about it. I was just working from memory. Mistakes happen, those two games were only about a month apart. I mainly remember the joy of winning.

Now, why don't you respond to Gunny's post, statboy. Or are you too busy getting ready for Mule day?

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'll respond. The Steelers and the Pats had dominating defenses. Same reason we lost to the Ravens in 2000. Its not like the Pats have been chopped liver or something. Indy's defense didn't exactly shut those offenses down either. Certainly Manning has had his share of bad games. McNair has had a few as well as some of the greatest QBs in NFL history. However, it wasn't all Manning's fault the last game. The Steelers went up by 14-0 and then when the Colts finally did drive down the field, 96 yards it was a procedure penalty that helped keep them out of the endzone. The Colt's defense, if any of you watched that game, couldn't keep the Steelers off the field in the second half and although they didn't score alot of points they did limit the Colts opportunities (not that actually watching the game makes a difference).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar