McNair vs Manning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MsTitan, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

What is this bizzaro world logic you people are so fixated on? No one, not me and not you, can CORRECTLY speculate how the careers of these players would be like if they swapped roles. Oh wait, but we do have reality! The fact remains, this is asking who's the better QB is given the realistic circumstances, not "Who's the Better QB If They ___________".

Hell, why don't we start arguing "The Titans win the Super Bowl in '99 if Dyson gets that <yard" or "The Bills would have been in the SB if the MCM wouldn't have happened". Do you see what I'm getting at? You can't provide facts based on pure speculation from stuff you say "coulda woulda shoulda" happens in another scenerio.

Do I think McNair could have had Manning's stats given Mannings circumstances? Of course I think it's possible. But that's not what we're arguing here.:))

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Hell, let's substitute Dwight Freeney, Bob Sanders, and Cato June for some of our defensive starters and start a thread called "Titans > Colts".:brow:

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

hell, I shouda just left this thread alone
    because it's just not that simple to say one is better than the other

if you're gonna base it on stats alone than it's not even an issue

if you're gonna base it on heart and desire and attitude than that too isn't even an issue either

If I had to start all over again
    all things being equal

I'd want Steve McNair with me ....... call it crazy

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I wasn't aware that the point if this thread was who had the better playoff record ... hang on a sec ..... checking MsTitan's post .... nope

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

This is tough. I am a McNair fan, and love his heart, but if Peyton would be here I think it would have made us a better team. His studying, game planning, everything. If McNair did more of this he would be even better.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

who wins in the playoffs the most?

Colts Defense has also given Manning plenty of chances to win and he hasn't done it. Colts score more then 21 points a game yet they can't do it when it matters. And who leads the offense?

7. Cronus

Cronus I once ruled the universe

LOL Well whats that old saying... Stats are for losers? Seriously who gives a flip about QB rating, that has never won a game. Yes, Steve's QB rating in the playoffs are nowhere as good as Manning's, yes Manning is the glory boy of fantasy football geeks... but you are not taking into consideration Steve's scrambles or clutch throws on the run... thats why people keep bringing up intangibles, when the game is on the line does Manning make plays? Apparently not. :lol:

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

If your arguing the McNair is better than Manning then you better use the playoff record or you have absolutely no argument, so yeah genius, it is very relevant to this thread.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Hold the phone Tide. It's not often that I really get you but that game was a great comeback if you count the illegal onside kick. That ball never hit the turf and although interference in that instance may be a silly rule, it is the rule and it hasn't changed. That was total non-call and I believe you know that. Nice try.

That should have been 1st and 10 Tampa Bay, GAME OVER.

I agree more with Kami more than he realizes but it is still my contention that Manning will flake when the pressure is it's most intense.

Take Vince Young for instance in the Rose Bowl and how he did what he had to do when it was all or nothing. He got it done.

That's an example of an intangible.

That's what Manning lacks. Put him in a similar situation like an AFC Championship and he'll throw that ball incomplete.

Yes, I realize Young ran for the TD, but it's a pressure situation none he less.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

The fact it was an illegal onside kick doesnt take away from one of the greatest offensive performances ever in the last 6 minutes of a game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar