McNair vs Manning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MsTitan, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If the Colts were dumb enough to offer a straight up trade, Manning for McNair, Reese and Fisher would pea their pants with excitement and think they were dreaming. McNair hasn't done squat the last couple of years and is no more than an average QB right now.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I guess Trent Dilfer is better than McNair or Manning then? In that respect.

3. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

amen mad about mcnair. there is nothing wrong with appericating your own QB's talents, heck that what you should you, you should appericate everyone on your teams talents, but thats another subject for another time! in my mind, mac is way better than manning, i know, i sound crazy, retard a homer , whatever SO WHAT I DON'T CARE ,ITS HOW I REALLY FEEL! why is mac way better than manning, hmmmmmmmm lets see, oh, because mac has never had a marvin harrison type reciever in his pro career, never had a line like the colts , yet he has taken the titans to the afc championship TWICE made a superbowl appearence and has won playoffs games, oh and he has one some in the cold to!

another reason why he is way better then manning, is the type of leader steve is! steve always places the full blame on himself, and when things go his way, he is the first to give credit to the other guys, manning has done neither, yet he is god in cleats , he is the one that all aspiring QB's should want to be like? bull crap! manning has amazing numbers yes, but obviously, they have gotten him NO WHERE mac doesn't not have numbers as good as mannings, though he has great numbers, BUT HE HAS GOTTEN TO THE BIG DANCE, AND I STILL FEEL MAC WILL GET A RING BEFORE ITS ALL SAID AND DONE!

there i am through!

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Two totally diferent QB's.... I think that if Steve would spend as much time preparing (i.e. video, practice, studying) I think he would be a lot better off. Steve doesn't do much as far as watching tape and thigs like that, according to Frank Whycheck. Manning is in his prime and Mcnair is a little past his but if you compare prime for prime I'd take Mcnair. He won't have better passing stats but he plays in a completely different system. McNair doesn't choke in big games, either. He usually plays his best when under the gun and that's what I've always loved best about him. Peyton has a great running game behind him and really good recievers which can help any QB look a lot better.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Steve McNair could have done better because he would have ran the play that Moore called. For all of his football IQ, Manning seems to not understand that there are professionals in his organization who do some things better than him. Steve still had an 80+ QB rating (slightly below his career average) this year playing behind one of the worst 5 offensive lines, NO running game, and dinged up inexperienced receivers... all while he was playing hurt most of the time. If Manning was in that situation we probably would have had some very interesting press conferences.

6. Toly

Toly Free your mind

And a guy that had never fumbled all year fumbled in the worst possible moment and gave the Colts the chance of kicking that FG, so what's your point? And that FG was to tie the game, not to win it, unless you believe that the Colts would've aumotically won the game in over time.

I couldn't care less about Manning, but this doesn't make a lot of sense - he gets all the credit when the Colts win, yet it is everyone else's fault when the Colts lose?

7. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Manning passer rating may be 108 but also has the best receiver in football and pretty good back up as well as a RB that can stay healthy and just say no.

McNair would have made a difference because he does whatever it takes to win. If that means hand the ball off and risk having low passing stats, then so be it. If that means run to get the first down because your pass protection sucks then so be it.

8. I agree with you and with the lady, McNair is better than Manning or you forgot he led us to the Super Bowl, what about Manning???? I am starting to think that you guys are Colts fans agghh!!!!

9. Kimberly Mac for me is god like you, I think Mac is one of the greatest QB in NFL history, like you said Mac take the blame when the things go wrong and is a leader, everybody plays for him, take the money hit to help the team gets better, he is a role model for every kid and every person, loves the community and who cares about cry baby Manning, Steve remain in Nashville I will travel from Mexico City just to watch you in the Coliseum....Kimberly will you marry me???

10. Man, is all about supporting cast, even you would have a ring with that Ravens defense!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar