McNair vs Manning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MsTitan, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

We have had the discussion before (co MVP season). The Steelers-Colts game is the precise reason why I have contented all along that would take Mac over Manning any day and twice on Sundays.

Does Manning have better stats.......absolutely.

Does Manning have a better supporting cast.....overall yes.

Is Manning better than McNair......NO WAY!!!!

Someone on another thread hinted that no other QG would have done better against the Steelers. Wrong again. I bet Jake Plummer does better. McNair would have done better. He may not have yelled and scream at the line of scrimmage. He may not have thrown a million TDs but in the end we would have had a better of chance of winning with McNair.

McNair may hand the ball off to the RBs, throw to the tight ends a lot and run the ball himself. But #1, he doesn't have Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison. #2, he did what Manning didn't do take what the defense gives you. If McNair was the Colts QB Sunday with Wayne, Harrison, James and Clark, they would have one.

McNair has produced in Tennessee with far less talent on the OL and definitely the WRs than Manning had this year.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't think anyone will argue that McNair has been close to Manning since 2003. Given the same situation, maybe they are closer but with the injuries and personnel that McNair has right now, it's not even close.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'll be a gentleman..

Not nice to hit a lady.

If this was the summer of 2004 you might have a point but over the last 3 seasons manning has won 78% of all his starts and mcnair less than 50% of his. In the last 3 seasons manning has won 3 playoff games mcnair none.

As for manning's numbers being better? Manning's numbers are the best of any QB over a 3 year period, ever. His numbers are far superior to mcnair's!

I defended steve this year when many bashed his play and said he was done. But steve right now isn't a top 10 QB and manning is at least #2. The one thing steve had over manning was his legs. Now steve hardly uses them.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

McNair in that game would not have had a chance in hades of leading the Colts to a win. He doesn't have the mobility he once had and after the Steelers went up 14-0 the game would have been over. The two passes Manning made to Wayne down near the goal line and on the 2 pt conversion were as good of passes a QB could make and I haven't seen McNair make that good of a pass in two years.

There is not a GM or coach in the NFL or anywhere else that would take McNair over Manning if given a choice.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The last 3 years...

Manning's passing rating is 108. He has averaged 35 TDs passing a year with only 10 ints. His teams have won 38 regular season games and only lost 10. Even in the playoffs the colts are 3-3 the last 3 years.

I have a question for mstitan. How would mcnair have helped that field goal? That's why the colts lost. Their field goal kicker who had not missed a kick in that stadium all year missed when it counted most. How would a different QB have made a difference there?

I thought manning played a great game sunday. He had very poor protection and his receivers were not getting open. I don't think any QB could have done better.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

didnt notice his poor throws?

7. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I can't even believe you guys some times. Instead of bashing the girl you should be AGREEING with her. Call me a homer, in fact I might go change my sig to say just that but I agree 100% with Ms. Titan. Maybe Steve Mcnair with this Steelers team (unholy thoughts, unholy thoughts, never mention it again, please, never) would not have won, but why not?
    Just so we are all clear hear, Peyton Manning is not even Warren Moon. Yeah I said it! Moon put up gaudy numbers too, so what. Peyton Manning Isn't even as good as Jim Kelly. I'd take that k-gun over the P-heads any day. And Peyton Manning is not as good as Steve Mcnair. After six trips to the playoffs, the World's Greatest Hyped Quarterback (and don't try to say they don't overhype him, one week ago they were almost coronated without playing in the postseason) is still trying to achieve more playoff wins than Steve Mcnair had after his First trip to the playoffs.

So go ahead and bash us Homers for apreciating wins that matter more than flashy numbers. And you can have Peyton Manning, and his 3 playoff wins.

I'll take number nine.

:coltssuk: :coltssuk: :coltssuk:

8. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

At least one would, ours.

9. FAN1

FAN1 Starter

What game were U watching?

10. FAN1

FAN1 Starter

The way i see it is Mcnair is better than Manning in this respect: In '99 the Titans were AFC champions and in'00 we made it to the SB(though we didn't win) and granted we may never see those days again but Manning hasn't gotten the Colts that far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar