McNair to retire

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Reunite him with Dinger as VY's QB coach!

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mcnair QB coach?

That's not a high paying job and i doubt if steve wants to dedicate that much time to it. Here is a guy who has been making $6M a year and i doubt he is interested in the $200K job.

Does steve seem like the kind of guy who loves showing up at every practice and watching all that film? it is a full time job and it will take him away from his mississippi ranch just as long as being a player.

3. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

Steve didn't want to put the time in making 6m a year....most likely he will hang around the house(and bars) while getting fat....ter.......

4. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

mcnair will go down as a true titan in my book... im just glad he doesnt play for the nasty ravens any more... now i can tell my daughter about what a great player steve mcnair was for the titans without having to ad then he left us and went to our arch enemy...

5. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

love where your heads at bro... i would love to see mcnair on our sidelines once again that would be awsome and i think he could help get vy over the hump...

6. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i think you are right to a degree... i think he will take this year off no question... but you have to remember football is in his blood and mcnair has proably been playing since he was 9 years old..its not the money that brings them back to the sideline as a qb coach etc. its the love of the game and also being bored will proably play a part as well... he will relax this year and spend some quality time with his family on his ranch and he will be roaming the sidelines as a coach in a couple of years ...i hope he's a titan once again

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

McNair has no idea what goes on at practice...

8. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

What a great career for Mac!

I hope VY#10 can learn from what McNair did for the Titans!

9. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Don't forget that the Pro Bowl nod that VY got was handed to him on a silver plater when McNair turned down being the 3rd or 4th alternate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar