McNair to Ravens Deal Dead for Now

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

It sounds like McNair and the Ravens are very close contract wise...but the Titans and Ravens are not close at all as far as compensation. The Ravens know all they really have to do is wait. If McNair wants out, all he has to do is refuse to renegotiate. Reese won't keep him with a $24 million cap hit, in my opinion, the the Ravens can get him without giving anything up. I hope Reese can pull it off.

2. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Don't we take a big old cap hit if we just release McNair now? And I agree- Cook may be representing Mac, but he is an ***... he has insulted all of us by his cheap shots and lack of candor. Even though the Titans have mishandled the situation Bus has done more than his fair share in this Bucket-O-Crap. Though I am glad we chose Vince Young, I would have loved the conflict of interest it would have created for Bus if we had selected Jay Cutler. That would have been a Bucket-O-Crap-Ala-Grande.

3. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Oops- sorry about the wordy-dird

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Ravens want McNair to begin learning the playbook before training camp. Reese doesn't need rookie money until mid-July. If the Ravens want him before then, it will cost them something.

Also, maybe another team or two may show some interest this summer.

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

He's comin back.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree. I think Reese is letting the Ravens tell us what it will cost us (in the form of our renegotiation offer) to keep McNair.

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

As I said in another thread....Bus must be buzzing on something good if he feels, as he quoted, that he is hoping to get Baltimore to basically double the money that the Titans had on the table.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I wonder if that money stays doubled when they don't get McNair over there until late July.

9. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Either resign him or make Baltimore wait as late as possible to get him.

10. dennykidd

dennykidd Guest

I think Jeff can convince Steve to stay,he would start.I really would like to see him retire as a titan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar