McNair Not Ready to Step Aside

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Mr. RollTide Analyst Sir,
    What is with all this campaigning for MAC anyhow? We all (most of us) love him to death and appreciate all he has given over the years...
    but with all due respect... when you compare him to Peyton Manning all of a sudden Steve McNair is a pile of crap who can't run anymore and that is why he was good in the first place... what's up with that?

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I love Steve, but he needs to understand his place. He is getting paid millions to groom the QB of "our" future. He needs to shut the h&ll up and do what he's told......or move to Baltimore.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't know what to say about McNair. It was awesome watching him in '99 02 and 03 and painful in 04-05. It was like he didn't care about winning these past two years. His contract was arranged in the peak of his play-making and the numbers reflect it.

It is unreasonable for him to expect us to re-up his pay at his current level of performance. (New offense or not, rookie receivers or not) I wish he'd re-negotiate and make another SB run with us. Either next year or the year after. Steve needs to be real- THE BEST PART OF HIS GAME IS GONE- his ability to tuck and run to offset the DB's.

4. bromike

bromike Guest

I am a steve supporter and people are saying why don't he just move on why don't the Titans go ahead and release him so he can win a superbowl in Baltimore. With Mason, Todd heap, and the other receiver that is coming on and Jamaal Lewis with a new contract and that stout D that can rest more because Steve has probally been number one in the league converting on Third down except with this rookie and chow stuff. I say Titans release him and the Ravens will win a superbowl with him in Three years and I beleive they will pay him. He fits there tough mentality and they will finally have the offensive fire power they have been missing. I would say forget the ingrates!

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sec bipolar...

Show me where i said that mcnair was a piece of crap. I'm sure you wouldn't lie about something like that would you?

I'll go real slowwww so you can understand better. Manning top 2 QB, mcnair 12 or 13th best QB. Now what did you miss? Saying that mcnair is not the equal to manning or brady is not calling him a piece of crap. It is being logical something some minds can't cope with. Getting rid of a good player, the 12th best QB out of 32 is also not logical.

If someone wants to make the brain dead ascertion that mcnair is and has been better than manning i will have no choice but to prove them wrong. That's my specialty, that's what titan jeff is paying me $100 a post for. Now i just made starkiller mad because he is only making $50 but i'm sure star realizes that he lacks the charisma and charm of rolltide. As does everyone else here.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Do you pay him back when you talk rubbish or put words into people's mouths?

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Fair enough. It's the impression that you left... "pile of crap" may be an exaggeration... but you did make it clear that he was good in the past because of the run threat and now he is no longer as effective because he just does not have the wheels anymore... it was your point... that's all.

I'll remind you that McNair had an 82.4 passer rating for '05 good for 18th in the league... Just below Drew Bledsoe and slightly better than Chris Simms... makes me wonder how the Bucs were in the playoffs and how the Cowboys almost were...(maybe there's hope)...whoops... that's the NFC for you:ha: ...also 3161 yards passing was good for 13th in the league... between Plummer and Brunnell...

I don't think that these numbers really support the notion that he is top 10 or top 12... I think the numbers may suggest very middle road, but good... slightly better than average... Please don't misunderstand me... I can't stand agents and I hate the stuff they put in the papers. That strikes nerves with me and I lash out against it.

To look at McNair it is so obvious that he is not the player that he once was. Next year when we pick #15 or something, hell, maybe we will pick #20... who knows? All I really know is that we have got an opportunity to get a fantastic qb prospect. It could be Vince Young, Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler... I will be happy with any of those guys. Of course I think VY is awesome... he is so under rated...

Point is... we must accept that McNair is not going to be "in the best shape of his career" forever... The time is now to prepare for the push back to dominance... Steve needs to make a 2 year deal with a cap# that is half of what it is now. Period.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't think that these numbers really support the notion that he is top 10 or top 12...
    -------------------

Considering the crap team he had around them it does.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny..

You mean like this?

------------
    all of a sudden Steve McNair is a pile of crap
    ------------

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

So just to clarify my conclusion then...

McNair runs just fine, and that in no way affected the way he plays his game. He runs every bit as well as he used to and therefore drafting a qb in this draft is foolish and unnecessary because he's going to practice everyday and he's going to be last in the league in "number of times appearing on the injury report stat" Our best bet is to load up huge defensely and while we're at it well pay Stevie $20 million a year so we can sit around next year and make up more excuses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar