McNair Makes His Case for Return

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Kimberly,
    Your boy is looking real good in the suit!!!!

2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Listening to alot of people, it seems to be that most only see the GAME. They do not see the BUSINESS. The only ''game' that exsists in the NFL is the one on TV or at the Coliseum. Other than that, it's ALL business.
    If you can not afford top notch players, (see Titans roster 2005), you aren't going to win games. It really didn't have much to do with the players since we did have a full roster in 2005. It has everything to do with the fact that we could not afford to keep the good players we had.
    Would I take a pay cut to stay at my present job? Me thinks not!
    Would I leave my present job to take the same one at a higher salary? Sure, who wouldn't?
    Would I leave my job to receive more job security and a slight salary increase? Again, who wouldn't?
    Would NFL players think any different than us?
    Most of the GAME depends on how well your team manages money/finance business sense.
    If your team has money but decides not to spend any of it like the Bengals did for 10 years, how do you expect to beat teams that do?
    This, the NFL, is 95% buisness to support the 5% game we all get to watch on TV.

3. The NFL should make the season up to 20 weeks, that would be better, more games, more action

4. moosle

moosle Camp Fodder

well said fitantitan.

5. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Keep in mind that Bud Adams wrote a boat-load of bonus checks for years to keep the team competitive. He was laying out a lot of money and the returns were deminishing.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Actually I would consider staying at my present job if I was in the last couple of years of my career, had diminished in my skill level but had a high regard for my employer and really wanted to end my career at that employer. If McNair takes the lower salary (a paltry 5 million or so!) and concludes his career in Nashville he gets to retire a Titan and be entrenched as one of the great Titans of all time. If he pulls the Eddie George, leaves for a few more bucks his reputation is diminished and if he doesn't perform well or gets hurt will be looked at as another idiot player that thought he was more valuable than he was (look at how EG turned out). Anyone who watched McNair play over the last couple of years could see clearly he is not the same Mac who won the MVP, is at the end of his career and should make a better decision to play for less money, with better players around him and give it one last shot and go out a true hero instead of a goat.

7. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Soxcat, I to believe that if he goes to Baltimore, it would not be the best move he's ever made. In the long run, I think he'll make more money here in Tennessee than he will any place else. If there's life after the NFL for Steve, it's here in Nashville, just ask Eddie.

8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I'm in agreement with Soxcat.
    Plus.........add in there...AND I HAD ALREADY MADE MULTIPLE MILLIONS in the said job.

9. jdee

jdee Guest

I know there was that report that Baltimore was going to pay him $12 mill, is that true? Or is that Bus Cook posturing? I can't believe the Ravens would do that. Have they seen something the past couple of years we haven't ? I like Mac as much as the next guy, but his skills have erroded greatly over the last couple of years.

JDee

10. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

if mac leaves then we need to get Kerry collins. Trust me on this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar