McNair Homocide - criminal discussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amy

amy Starter

I'm guessing McNair had been trying to get out of the deal with her for a while. She, who only wanted to be famous, knew she wasn't going to be known as the next Mrs. McNair and be all that that entails. She obviously could not bear that. Twenty year olds often live off emotion and do things that don't make sense. This appears to be one of those things.

2. Fanof49ASU

Fanof49ASU Camp Fodder

I'm referring to the latest arrest.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I have to disagree. It is very unusual for a reportedly happy 20 year old female with no reported history of depression, mood disorder, violent behavior, prior suicide attempt or other psych history to participate in a suicide of violent means- let alone violently murder a man with whom she supposedly is in love and/or infatuation.

Young women (and men) can have strong emotionally lability, but it is simply does not arise de novo. There is an early history. We haven't heard anything about this young woman in this regard.

It just doesn't make sense- anything CAN happen, but statistically, this just isn't as likely as a double homocide scenario IMO.

4. Fanof49ASU

Fanof49ASU Camp Fodder

I tend to agree. Especially since the woman came from an arabic background....in which women are 2nd class, and the mere possession of a firearm could get you executed. I find it hard to be she could have become so 'Americanized' so quickly.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Okay the fan of McNair inside me says it was like the movie Madea Goes to Jail, but the main guy dies. However, I actually think McNair went there to break it off with her and she got really upset and killed him, then herself.

6. Fanof49ASU

Fanof49ASU Camp Fodder

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think some of you guys are making huge leaps to extremely unlikely scenarios. Just because this woman didn't have a documented history of mental instability means that a double murder conspiracy is more likely than a murder-suicide (which all of the evidence seems to suggest)? In my opinion, that's a pretty ridiculous statement.

Millions of Americans have undiagnosed mental illness. This woman was at the age when people are at their most vulnerable to mental illness (source). There is also tenuous evidence to suggest that she was using alcohol (the DUI) or perhaps other drugs (the rumor that she told the cops in the DUI that she was high rather than drunk).

I have a way easier time believing that she made a very bad decision (perhaps during a period of intoxication) then believing that someone ordered a hitman to execute her and McNair and cover it up so it looked like a murder-suicide. I think people are getting a little too caught up playing CSI here.

I think it's time to stop drawing conclusions based on her Middle Eastern heritage because it's borderline racist. I've seen several people make vague and somewhat crazy claims about what may or may not have happened just because this woman's mother is Iranian (Persian).

There is absolutely no indication that her ancestry had any role in this. From what I've seen, she looked and acted like any other American young woman. The idea that this was some kind of honor killing is absurd and not supported by even a shred of evidence.

She obviously drank, was spending time with a married man and worked a normal job for a young American woman. It's not like she was some ultra-religious burka-wearing extremist.

Do any of you even know any Iranians? I do and the young women act exactly like caucasians, blacks or anyone else.

Everything posted here is just my opinions. I'm not trying to start any fights here, so I hope people don't get mad at me for attempting to refute some of your claims. It's very sad that it had to end this way for McNair, but it sure is interesting.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Fanof49ASU

Fanof49ASU Camp Fodder

Actually, I'm not sure which of us is being 'racist'. I was using her background and heritage in her defense.....as not being the typical profile of a killer.

Nevertheless, we're all guessing.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I didn't intend to accuse you of racism for what you posted. Your post was simply the easiest to find and quote that made some reference to her background as if it's pertinent to the case. Other posts have been far closer to racism (although I will note that all I said was "borderline racist" and I don't really want to accuse anyone of anything).

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Amy dear, I've seen women far older than 20 act off emotion and do stupid s### that doesn't make sense. I've seen men do it too, just not as extensively. Not trying to be misogynistic, just saying.

But aside from that, you do make a very good point. Especially if she was an exotic dancer, as most of them have to be slightly off anyway.

That's what this thread is for. All you can do is sit back and expect more of the huge leaps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar