McNair Homocide - criminal discussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't feel that it is appropriate to discuss the elements of the crime in the other thread. I am very bothered by the nature of this crime and I would like to discuss the investigation. (Mods merge into other thread if you feel this doesn't warrant a separate thread)

I can't ignore the statistics regarding suicides in young women and in particular their aversion for violent means. Especially since all reports thus far indicate that Ms. Kazemi was a happy, well functioning young woman. It just seems implausible that she would become suddenly impulsive enough to unload 2 chest shots into Steve, and then finish him and herself with shots to the head. That is a very RARE occurrence.

I am hopeful that the investigation has equally considered the emotional volatility and accepted standards of punishment of Middle-Eastern cultures have regarding fidelity of young women.

I admit I am very bothered by the internet postings and statements by her boyfriend on July 2nd and 5th as well as a "friend" of her boy-friend that made allusions in July 2nd for her to RIP.

Anything is certainly possible, including the murder-suicide, but I am most suspicious of a double-homocide in this scenario.

Please post if you are bothered by this as I am. I won't keep posting about it if nobody else is interested in commenting.

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

One thing that Davidson County's 'Finest' seems to be withholding is whether or not there were powder burns on her hand. If she's the one that fired the pistol, then she will have powder burns on her hand.
    This is really the first thing that came to my mind when the speculation of murder-suicide or double homicide surfaced.

So maybe Reno 911 will stop being so stingy with the information and release it before the regular season starts.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't know exactly what to think. I hope what ever is discovered doesn't tarnish his memory. I cant help but think of the word champion when I think Steve McNair. I have thoughts of a 3rd person involved reading article after article involving the tragic situation. What ever the truth is, I hope Steve's death is justified promptly.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Not much to add but after seeing those myspace pics posted in the other thread, I do feel murder-suicide seems much less likely.

I also am not very impressed with davidson county police, and I have never been. I hope they get this case right.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Those pictures were doctored. I truly believe that.

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

True, but like the poster below that post said, those kinds of things can be photoshopped rather easily. Not that I'm ruling it out entirely, but just sayin.
    Plus, if it did happen like that, that dude has got to be one of the dumbest mofos I've ever heard of. I mean who puts some crap like that up online for everyone to see. He will be the FIRST person the cops come looking for if they do deem it a double homicide.

Me Neither. I can't believe that they don't know anything at the moment. They are either incompetent or unjustly withholding information/providing lame excuses ala the GWBush administration*.

I'm really hoping that if they do feel it's a double homicide, that they are letting everyone think that it's a murder-suicide, so the murderer will let his guard down.

*just a comparison. not meant to incite political discussion

BRAVE, at worst, I see this as a love triangle gone wrong (and someone couldn't hold their emotions). Yeah, Mac9 probably shouldn't have been cheating on his wife, but I doubt that will tarnish his legacy.

7. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Do you guys think this is Law and Order? Homicide cases don't get wrapped up and handed to the DA in less than an hour. I, for one, am glad they are taking their time and being cautious with what information they do provide. They are not going for ratings, they are trying to correctly solve the case.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the profile for the Jett Jackson "Caucasian Persuasion" was a screen-grab prior to his account being deleted (suspicious), the grab from the Norfleet kid (the ex) was from his still active myspace page, with the same heading still on display - "never let anyone or anything come in between you and the one you love because when you do you lose everything" http://www.myspace.com/460719734

so ,1 "could" have been doctored ... the other is clearly not
    there are several people that claim to have seen the first one prior to it being deleted

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

from what I read yesterday, Norfleet has / is being questioned

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Suspect 1: The boyfriend
    Suspect 2: Kazemi
    Suspect 3: The Cop
    Suspect 4: Mystery Women at Club
    Suspect 5: The Wife

Suspect 1: The boyfriend

Every reason to committ the crime. He lost his longtime girlfriend to a super jock. He moved to Nashville with her cementing their committement. She meets McNair and he's dumped. He still wanted to get back together with her. Thinks Mcnair was leading her on, which every ex-boyfriend would think. Biggest motive in this whole thing. The scorned lover. If McNair and Kazemi were going to get married, this could have been the kicker. McNair sells his house, so not likely getting back with his wife. Meaning he's going hard for Kazemi. This will sound bad, but the boyfriend looks like a guy who could do this too. I think everything fits. But would he be smart enough to set this up. Crimes of passion are usually not thought out well, but he had time to stew, to plan. He's been talking to public. Not likely that he would talk if he did it. More likely that he gets out of town to me. So some hesitation there. But everything he is saying put him in the driver's seat. Need evidence though. Seems like he would have killed her at her place, not McNairs. Much easier to plan.

Suspect 2: Kazemi

All the evidence points to her. Lost her potential husband to his wife? Motive is high. But McNair selling his house. Not likely going back to his wife. Sugar Daddy let's her go, emotional age, boom, there go's the dyanamite. But in every regard seemed happy. Career potential as med student. No real family, so could be emotionally disturbed. Women not likely to go off the deep end like this though. He was killed on the sofa so she had the ability to do the deed from behind. Then walk around the sofa and do more damage? Was the TV on? That is plausible to me. Did she own a gun? Did she use McNair's gun? Why? Lot's of questions about why? Evidence against her. But what about the motive. I have questions about that. Everything tells me McNair was going to be with her. He gives her the car. He sells his house. She tells her sister they are going to b married. Everything points to happiness.

Suspect 3: The Cop

How likely is it that he pulled over the escalade hoping to nail McNair after McNair was coddled the first go around, only to have to LET him go a second time. Dayum. Talk about grudge. There is some motive here. I have to give him the benefit of the doubt as an officer of the law, but a cop killer theory, still very much alive without an aliby. He has the chance to nail a high profile athlete cheating on his wife, and missed it twice. Got to be frustrating. The cop would definately know how to set up a murder suicide scenario too. Least likely person to be looked at by his own. But do cops committ crimes like this, not likely. Especially if you know the bad guy always get's caught. Not worth it. But suspcious arrest moves him up the list.

Suspect 4: The Mystery Women with the ruffi

What is this story all about? Is it True. McNair gives a women a ruffi at the club, then she finds out, and says her boyfriend is going to kill him. Doesn't sound plausible. But possible. McNair doesn't need the ruffi to get a girl. He's got money. He's got fame. He could get women. Unlikely. Plus would the boyfriend of a girl who was ruffi'd go off like that. Seems like court would be the way to get your revenge. Big pay day too. McNair old enough to know better. No need.

Suspect 5: The Wife

Highly unlikely. Very distraught over his death. Not in town. But motive, yes. Very high in motive. She probably would have had to hire someone. And whoever did it would certainly need to cover his trail. Money available to hire. But the mob would definately know this is high profile case and may not take it. So cover up would need to be good? does it look like a mob style hit? Possibly. If it was a double homicide, the cat knew what he was doing, or at least planned it out. But I don't see it. The Wife has the kids, she will get money. Does she feel burned by Kazemi, you bet. Revenge possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar