McNair holding pep rally for Ravens fans

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ubiq, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

heavily worn, popped and patched... likely one of many.

2. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

then i would say the blow up would be worse

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Maybe this IS McNair's way of getting back at the Titans' organization.

Afterall...becoming a Raven didn't work.

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

They specifically didn't advertise tomorrow's event in Nashville for obvious reasons, but word leaked out. Now they're scrambling for good PR "for the children." Don't call it a Ravens pep rally if that makes you feel better.

McNair should raise money for Baltimore's charities in Baltimore, just as a couple of months ago his foundation's charity cruise and auction on the General Jackson was marketed to Titans fans in Nashville.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

wow. really dusted off a relic there...

you could update it with a pic of Neal...

very poor "paintbrush" shop or some other rudimentary microsoft standard but a fine trip down memory lane nonetheless.

7. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

McNair now in on Ravens event -- for charity

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky </em> <p>What initially seemed like an improbable story has turned into a situation some fans are reading as Benedict McNair.</p> <p>Jim Wyatt first reported Steve McNair, who played 11 seasons for the Titans and two for the Ravens, was slated to be part of a Ravens "Purple Pep Rally" in Nashville Friday. Then McNair's manager clarified and said McNair would do no such thing. Now McNair <a href="http://data.tennessean.com/v2/bin/pluckTools/display/groupblog.php?blog=96f9f738-ab2a-406c-bf09-a7c50ccfaaed&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3a96f9f738-ab2a-406c-bf09-a7c50ccfaaedPost%3a6d2d76d2-1683-4868-b938-7b11b9ae3dbb&sid=sitelife.tennessean.com" target="_blank">is back in</a>, and says it's all about raising money for charity.</p> <blockquote> <p>"This is a charity event I'm doing for the Ronald McDonald House in Baltimore and that's it," McNair told WRRN-TV in Nashville. "It doesn't have anything to do with the Ravens or the Titans. I'm gonna be there because I'm not gonna disappoint these kids.</p> </blockquote> <blockquote> <p>"People want to say it's about the Ravens, it's not about the Ravens. It's not about Tennessee. It's about these kids from the Ronald McDonald House and I can put a smile on their face. If this taints my image I'm going to be very disappointed because that'll tell me that people [do not] care about me raising money to help kids. That's selfish."</p> </blockquote>

More...

8. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Camp Fodder

Sounds like McNair is hiding behind the kids in order to support his true love, the Ravens.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

This whole story is lame.

10. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Big whoop-D-Doo

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar