McNair holding pep rally for Ravens fans

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ubiq, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavenTerp

RavenTerp Guest

Wrong...here is the truth of the story fromt WNST's owner...

Our party will go on without former Ravens and Titans quarterback Steve McNair on Friday night after all. I’ve been busy planning the biggest purple party in Nashville on Friday night and getting arrangements in order for our bus trip. And I woke up this morning to a bunch of emails, blog comments and phone messages and texts regarding McNair’s appearance at our Ravens Pep Rally on Friday night.

Or lack thereof…

The story goes like this:

I was looking for a party location. I found two: Limelight (Friday) and Graham Central Station (Saturday pre-game). The owner of Limelight is friends with McNair and his people. They absolutely agreed to do the party for charity and absolutely knew it involved Ravens fans and Baltimore. The flyers were purple. As a matter of fact, I spoke with McNair’s agent yesterday who booked McNair onto the Comcast Morning Show earlier this morning with Drew Forrester to promote the event.

Apparently, once the flyer was sent out across the internet, a TV station in Nashville (WKRN) got wind of it and made a big stink on the evening news last night, basically calling McNair a “traitor” for associating with anything Baltimore this week. (Again, folks, this was a CHARITY event to raise money for his Tennessee-based foundation and the Ronald McDonald House here in Baltimore!) Here’s the clip from the City Paper of Nashville. According to them, he’s now bowed out of having anything to do with Baltimore, Ravens fans or the color purple.

I get it. It’s probably not a bad move on his part considering he lives there and they just put him the Ring of Honor in Nashville.

I like Steve McNair. He was always a stand up guy here in Baltimore and I certainly understand the situation he faces in his hometown. (And after all we’ve been through here this week with the sickening display from Mr. Yankee, Mark Teixeira, I really get it!)

No hard feelings. No big deal. We’ll throw the party, give the same amount we were going to give to the foundations and have a good time. We’ve got enough drama already with the game kicking off at 4:30 on Saturday.

Good luck to McNair. Good luck to the Titans. Good luck to my dear friend Jim Schwartz.

It’s Festivus. It’s football. Let’s just have some fun down in Tennessee.

Party starts at 7 p.m. tomorrow at Limelight. Tickets can be purchased here.

And if you don’t get to Nashville until Saturday, we’ll be waiting for you at 11 a.m. at Graham Central Station as well for more purple fun.

Over the past 10 years the folks from Nashville have been the most hospitable and decent we’ve found in all of our NFL travels. Nice people, good times, pretty girls, country music and cold beer. That’s what we’re expecting to find all weekend.

Oh, and we’re gonna beat their football team and move on to the AFC Championship Game

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Graham Central Station is queer central anyways...

that place is full of hot chicks and f@g hags.

3. RavenTerp

RavenTerp Guest

Ok?????? We will have fun with the Hot chicks!:lol:

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

maybe have fun watching them have fun with each other. :wink2:

but if it's a Ravens pep party it will likely be a normal hetero crowd...

the emo crowd probably is too cool for NFL.

5. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

i seriously doubt mcnair ever committed to anything dealing with a ravens pep rally. what happen is the person behind this pep rally probably was misleading mcnair when he approached him about a fundraiser. after mcnair got the real scoop on what it really was he backed out of it. sounds like the owners sneaky plan didnt work so now he is trying to put it off like mcnair just backed out cause word got out. i think its all BS

6. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

doubt that...there color is purple...and i dont know to many hetero (males) who wear purple...just saying:grrhee:

7. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

Emo kids are scene kids who go to metal shows and act like they hate life

8. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Camp Fodder

Real hetero males are confident enough in their sexuality to wear any color. Someone who would not wear purple for fear of others judging their sexuality are the ones you need to question, their insecurity is more telling than the cover on the book. Just saying...:wink2:

9. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

i heard that Brian Billick is hosting a Titans pep rally at Lipstick Lounge...i'm not going tho

10. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

please....tell us more about "real hetero males" .....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar