McNair holding pep rally for Ravens fans

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ubiq, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Camp Fodder

(2 years w/ Baltimore) > (11 years w/ Tennessee)

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

FO.

It is for a Baltimore Ronald McDonald House. McNair is big enough to care more for seriously ill children and their families than how it may appear to Titans fans. I'm sure he would do the same for Nashville Ronald McDonald house if he had been approached.

Get real people.

P.S.- I think it is a really chitty thing for Wyatt to try to stir up something over it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. i82much

i82much Guest

Thanks for clearing that up for those of us who were too lazy to read the actual ad. I feel better now.

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

You're right ... it is probably all of his playoff appearances and Super Bowl rings with you. :rolleyes:

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

That's his checkdown charity. His primary charity was covered

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Well, according to Channel 2 News, Steve was told it was only a charity and did not know it was a pep rally. He's not attending the event now that he's figured out what it is.

Good move Steve. :thumb:

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

And the veteran McMVP throws it into the third row instead of risking the bad play

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Manager says McNair not part of Ravens pep rally

<p><em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em></p> <p>WNST in Baltimore's published a flier that says one-time Raven Steve McNair, who was inducted into the Titans Ring of Honor this year, is hosting a Ravens pep rally Friday night.</p> <p>But McNair's manager told Jim Wyatt <a href="http://data.tennessean.com/v2/bin/pluckTools/display/groupblog.php?blog=96f9f738-ab2a-406c-bf09-a7c50ccfaaed&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3a96f9f738-ab2a-406c-bf09-a7c50ccfaaedPost%3ae42962d6-6f15-4551-afd8-ccf67d1a3c08&sid=sitelife.tennessean.com" shape="rect" target="_blank">it's not true</a>.</p> <p>It's hard to imagine McNair, who played from 1995 to 2005 with the Oilers and Titans before finishing his career with a couple seasons in Baltimore, would side with the Ravens in this scenario.</p> <p>We've seen cases before where a night club, a radio station or a promoter jump the gun and use a player's name or picture well before any sort of actual commitment is made.</p> <p>That sure seems like what happened here when you read what Raymond White told Wyatt.</p> <p>"There's not a guy more loyal to the Titans than Steve McNair,'' Raymond White said of the former Titans quarterback."He has given his body, blood and bones to the Titans. He has given more body parts than anybody for the Titans. Steve isn't doing this. He is never going to host a pep rally for the opposing team. He is 100 percent Titans.''</p>

More...

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Frickin Baltimorons.

[​IMG]

10. Crow-Magnon

Crow-Magnon Guest

One thing you must know. WNST is a low-powered AM loser sports-radio station. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they blantantly deceived McNair.

Idiots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar