McNair Glory years....hmmm

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

with the way some teams are playing i am feeling it...

titans dominating the run and gaisnt he run
    brett slingin it left an right
    ravens with talent
    pats strong
    colts strong
    dallas playin great
    chargers and aints as usual back in the day strugglin
    bucs good

2. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Only difference is now Mac can't seem to shrug off the injuries like back in the day.
    ...And Kyle Boller is apparently kind of ok. I mean wtf?

3. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

I hope he comes back as a backup to vince down he road, that would be perfect. then he could retire as a titan. :ravens:

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I would not mind that all. It seems plausible too. McNair as our backup would be great.

5. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

that'd be the best situation for all titan fans i think

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

McNair chose to turn to the darkside and become a member of my most hated team and probably the team that caused that most sorrow for Titans fans over Titans history.

His career can die a painful death in that crap city. I love watching his struggles there.

Yes, I'm still bitter...

But seriously, that would be cool and offer some redemption for Mcnair in my soul if he returned and backed up his protege. McNair certainly seems like a great person in general.

The truth is though.... would you really want him as a backup? Is he even really good enough to be a backup for the Titans? I know that's sad to have to ask.

I'd rather have Billy Volek as our backup. He'd be an ideal person. I mean, aside from all that drama that happenened. Volek always played well here, just goes to show how respected Fisher is around the league I suppose, basically ended Volek's chance to ever become a starter somewhere.

Someone start a poll, Volek vs. Mcnair for future backup Qb duties!

7. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

It definately pained me to see him go, even more it pained me to see him treated the way he was treated forcing him to leave. The front office did him dirty. He was looking for a pay check and went to the most viable source. If you're bitter, then it should be pointed somewhere else.

I'd love it and be elated if he decided to return here to back up for a year, that will be the only way he gets a Super Bowl ring. While we're at it, we should bring back Eddie too.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I hear you, and I am probably more bitter at the organization's handling of the situation. Floyd's comments during the whole time really irked me, even though I think it was bud that made the call to bar him from the training facility. Clearly, something shoulda been done before them, whether it was to re-sign, cut, or trade him.

BUT... Mcnair went right to the ravens, buddy up with Ray ray. I don't remember what other jobs were out there, but it prolly wouldn't ticked me off so bad if Mcnair had at least made a serious attempt at going elsewhere. I just don't know how you go to the team that probably hurt his career more than anyone else. Actually I do... $$$$$$$$$$$$........and I really can't blame him for that.

Still, I think there would actually be better back-ups in the league for next season than Mcnair. Which is the main reason I wouldn't want him back. Plus although he is a mentor to Vince, I don't want Vince to lose his work ethic or pick up any bad traits from Mcnair. I mean, I don't really blame mcnair for that, he was in incredible pain and needed to rest instead of practice... but hopefully you get what I'm saying.

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

ill take d-mase and kearse w/ that....SUPERBOWL ANYONE...or at least another epic clash w/ em pats...an a chance for some serious revenge (for eliminatin us during his mvp yr...an keepin us last yr after an unpresedented amazing run....) yeah that would be a dream

10. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

volek had a couple good games and thats it. then everyone said how he should be a starter. yeah he wasnt given a chance but if the titans thought anything of him they woundnt have drafted vince. i hope mcnair would come back even tho we forced him out which was a joke. he didn't have much of a choice where to go, plus he was traded. he only had a little to do with where he went. the titans had to get somthing for him in the deal even tho it wasnt much. anyways id like to see mcnair, kearse and mason back. eddie to but hes been out of the league a few yrs now. does anyone know if he officaly retired or what is he doing other than that fox job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar