McNair Expects Return to be Emotional

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Ravens QB Steve McNair admits his return to Nashville will be an emotional time for him. "It will probably be emotional when the plane lands," McNair said. "The fans will probably have some mixed emotions, too. They want to see me do well, but don’t want their team to lose." Even after 11 seasons, four playoff appearances, two division titles, an AFC Championship, and an appearance in Super Bowl XXXIV, McNair is expecting a mixed reaction from Titans fans during Sunday’s ‘homecoming appearance.’ "I might get a little applause. I’m not sure how much, though," said McNair. McNair explained how much fan support in Nashville still means to him. "It’s going to be emotional for me, because of the situation after I was there for 11 years," McNair said. "I hope I still have some fan support there. That’s going to be a great feeling."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

i am emotional now, and its not even game day yet.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

yeah I can't wait to Boo him

4. hrudy18

hrudy18 Camp Fodder

Why would you boo him? Because he left Nashville so he could make more money? I would have done the same. I wouldn't advise you to boo him at the game. There will be a lot of fans cheering for him as he comes out.

However, when the game begins and he is under center, I say the crowd should give him everything they got.

5. Lets just say I will be 'cheering' when he eats turf...

6. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Im not booing him when they call out his name in pregame, actually I will stand and applaud, but when the game is on and he gets hit and his faced stuffed in the ground- I will be cheering even louder, I still respect and thank him for all the things he did for this franchise, but in those 60 minutes (or 75 if there is overtime) he will be treated like any other Raven...

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I am scared are you gonna track me down when I BOO.

I am booing him because he is the enemy, he plays for the ravens..what part of that do you not understanding

8. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

i'll be booing as well.....................anyone wearing a ratbird jersey gets that.................if the pats fans can boo a guy who was instrumental in 3 SB wins why cant we boo a guy who played for us for 11 yrs with no SB rings...................?????? I remember our Titan fans boooing him from 97-00 with regularity.....................why was it OK then and not now???? That is very circular logic to me...................

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Steve may get injured on his tears and not even take the field.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

good one Gunny :biglaugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar