McNair Deal Not Done

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I think we have plenty of depth at LB (8 players not counting UDFAs) and safety (5 players). I am a little worried about our depth at CB. Currently we have Jones, Woolfolk, Hill, & Gardner. Finnegan might see some time at CB this year. If he'll come at the right price, I think Law would be a good addition, and he'd provide leadership in the secondary. But I don't think we should overpay him.

I like GLink's idea, but I think you should add Piller to the cut list. I think Bell can step in at guard and be just as good, if not better than Piller.

BRING MCNAIR BACK!

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Waddell will be back for most of the season.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

McNair is as good as gone. The sooner you guys come to terms with that the better you will feel. The Steve McNair you loved 4 or more years ago is gone. It's as if he died so just get over it. Turn the page and hope with for the future with Vince who will be greater than McNair ever was. I think it will shock you to see how many starts/wins Vince Young gets in 2006. By this time next years you all will be saying things like "I'm sure glad we didn't retain McNair" ... that's how much better off the Titans are for what is going down.

4. Maybe, maybe not. They said 4-6 months. If it's on the longer end of that scale, he could be put on IR.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

*should be back for most of the season.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

would Waddell be on PUP or would he be sucking up a roster slot?

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think they can PUP him and he can be activated whenever.

8. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

HAHA she said they could PUP him. Thats only funny because that's what my four year old son says he does to our dog.

9. fltitan

fltitan Guest

If Waddell goes on IR does he count against the salary cap and if he does any advantages to putting him on IR rather than PUP.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Pup vs IR...

You always count against the salary cap. The difference between PUP and IR is that IR means you can not play all season while PUP means you are deactivated up to weeks 6 to 9. A guy on the PUP can't be activated before week 6 and would have to be activated or placed on IR by week 9.

In summary if you think the guy can play by week 9 you consider the PUP.

We are looking at an injury that could keep wadell out through sept to october so it is very possible he could be ready to contribute by week 9 therefore they will most likely PUP him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar