McNair Deal Not Done

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: According to Titans Coach Jeff Fisher, a deal to trade QB Steve McNair isn't close. Though the Ravens and McNair may have worked out a contract, the two teams have not discussed a trade since last weekend. "We did give [Baltimore] an opportunity to try to work out a long term deal," Fisher said. "We've discussed trade with them but the trade didn't go through so we have not had any conversation with Baltimore at this point." Fisher said the next step is for the Titans to sit down and try to work something out with McNair who gives the team the best chance to be successful in '06. "If we want to win," Fisher said. "He gives us the best chance to win early so it makes all kinds of sense to me."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This sounds like they are at least going to put forth an effort.

3. well i think we need him, but not at the price that he is wanting, and we arent going to trade him for anything less than a 4th round i dont think

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Yeah, I think there is definitely one more round of contract talks in Nashville left before this thing is done one way or the other. Mike Keith said as much yesterday on Knoxville's Sports Talk and Mike is definitely a source I trust. He said he expected Reese and Cook to meet early next week. I still don't like our chances of keeping McNair this year, though.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm going to sound like a.....Broken Record....but to me it makes more sense to release Sirmon, Wade, Nickey and Gardner now, and present a restructure to Bulluck (I don't think he'd pull a Mason/Rolle). Tell Mac to get himself into camp, then tell the Ravens if they want him it's now going to cost them a 2nd. I wouldn't hold on to those guys just for camp bodies if they know they probably won't keep them anyway. We should make some hard decisions now. I also like creative ways to stick it to the Ravens.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'd love it.

The night before the thing goes to the arbitrator, Reese opens the door and says, "Come on in, Steve. Oh, you might want to take care working out in case the Ratbirds want to give up a two."

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I'm with you 100% G. We've done a lot worse contract dealings in the past and this one has the added bonus of making Billick lose sleep. That's gotta be worth at least 5 million against next year's cap by itself. :ha:

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

9. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

this is great i knew the titans would try

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

First of all we could need Sirmon more than people think. We need to figure out who is going to be our MLB and until we feel comfortable with a rookie or Reynolds playing there we should keep him.
    Secondly, with Waddell gone (out 4-6 months with injury) we are light at CB. If we sign a vet CB or two we could easily let Gardner go but that doesn't save any money. Even Nickey isn't a guy we want to cut loose to save a miniscule amount unless we feel comfortable Lowry can step in as a backup. We are light at S as well when we get past our two starters. Telling Mac to come back to camp prohibits us from being able to sign any vet depth at CB, S or LB so that scenario could be a real bad situation for the defense IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar