McNair Committed to Titans Future

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: If QB Steve McNair is considering retirement at the end of the season, he certainly isn't talking that way right now. McNair, who turns 33 on Valentine’s Day, said Thursday if he and the Tennessee Titans front office can find a workable situation regarding his contract status that he is willing to commit to the team’s rebuilding program that likely could stretch beyond the 2006 season. "I’m committed. Whatever goes on year to year, I’m very committed," McNair said. "It’s up to me to be committed. It’s not up to this team. It’s up to me to continue to work hard and do the things I need to do to keep myself on a competitive level in the National Football League, and with the mindset I have, I’m willing to do that."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I know there's people ready for McNair to move on with his football or personal life, but that sounds like good news to me. Just hope we don't pay him around $9mil "for old time's sake."

3. Nash

Nash Starter

And there's the rub, Glinks..Floyd will pay him as much as he'd pay Kitna or any other vet QB that is transitioning to the new QB.. my sources tell me that Dallas has made inquiry, and Parcells wants McNair for next season..Has anyone else heard this??

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I haven't heard anything like that. In fact, I'm hearing Parcells might not even be coaching next year.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Yeah, word is that Parcells just can't focus after the death of his brother and continued poor play from his team. Don't really blame him.

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

If I was Parcells, I would've probably hung it up years ago for good. He doesn't really have anything left to prove.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Neither does Larry Brown (Knicks) guess old people need something to do.

8. TouchDown29

TouchDown29 Guest

Yeah they need something to do along with making millions for coaching a game.

9. I don´t want to think and imagine McNair in a nasty Cowboys uniform and then been kicked aout of the tema like Eddie was, I want Mac back for 2006 and draft a guy that he can mentor for 2 more years, but Mr Mac please retire as a Titan!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar