McNair asked to leave TN facility???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by V-MAN, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

This was a horrible move either way you look at it. His trade value just dropped big time.

2. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

He didn't really have trade value, he's just got 4 or 5 piranhas, i mean clubs waiting to maul him. Brian Billick is meant to be the main one.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

For all we know, Steve or his agent were informed that he shouldn't show up to train until a new agreement is reached. Steve has been hurt before without even being touched by another player ( i.e. calf injury at Indy couple yrs ago).

Bus Cook is playing the drama-queen crying to the media and making a huge deal out of no big deal.
    Bud Adams may be old, but he isn't stupid. EG was the example, others should make a note of what happened to him. In the end, EG was worse off and the Titans were better off. If Steve follows EG's trail, you can rest assured the Titans will be better off, but he won't be.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

ok, I might be the one of the select few, but I have no problem with what the Titans organisation did. Maybe now Bus Cook will know that spouting crap in the media, while being largely accepted as just hot air by the fans, won't cut it with the FO.

And secondly, who brought this story to the media? Considering how much Bus Cook is yapping his mouth, I'm inclined to think he decided to call a few papers. In that case it sounds to me like he and Mac can't wait to get out of town. The FO sure didn't send a memo to the newspaper about McNair being denied access, so any "humiliation" is on Bus Cook's account.

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Look guys, McNair needed this IMO, we can't keep his salary cap number at the level it was going to be at, 23 mil or whatever, he isn't worth the 9 mil for this season. Maybe a wakeup call is what he and bus cook needed. I would be very, very surprised to see any other team offer anywhere near what the Titans would pay him. Think about it, what teams need an over 30 year old, injury prone QB? Not a very long list is it. This is just business, I just hope Steve has more sense than EG did at this point in his career. It would be a sad ending.:suspect:

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

The decision not to let him practice is ok IMO.
    The decision not to notify him in a respectable manner was not cool. Bud Adams or whoever in the FO can get Steve on the phone. I'm sure every player has a free Cingular phone since they are such big sponsers. (or at least the cash to pay for one) The idea that they would just wait for him to show up and then tell him to piss off is BS IMO.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

This however is information we're not privy to. Who is to say McNair or Cook didn't get a letter or call from the FO telling them he wouldn't be allowed at the facility, and he decided to show up anyways? Maybe they tried calling him but couldn't find him, it certainly wouldn't be the first time in NFL histoy that a team couldn't reach one of their players during the offseason.

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

The way I read it was that cook was notified, and McNair shows up anyways. Looks to me like cook forced the issue to see if the team would really do it, well he asked for it and he got it. Just another time an agent has lead a player down the wrong road. :suspect:

9. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I'll have to admit, I was shocked to read about this happening to Steve.

I can see the Titan's side in all of this. I wouldn't want to risk 9 million either, but I hope to goodness that Steve knew about this before showing up at the Training Facility like the media is reporting. That's just wrong to send Steve home after he shows up to work out. I'm going to take everything I read about this issue with a grain of salt. Everyone is posturing in this situation.

Steve is smart and knows this is a business and probably understands why the Titans wouldn't want him to risk injury in this situation, but if he truly didn't know that he wouldn't be allowed at the Training Facility before he showed up then the Titans handled this thing all wrong.

I think Buz Cook is dreaming about McNair's future contract, but the thing is, if the Titan's don't belly up, some team will. I would absolutely HATE to see Steve in that horrible purple and black, almost as bad as I hate to see him with a horshoe on his head.

I'm also with Starkiller, Steve departing might be the best thing for the Titans, it's just kind of hard to see that after what Steve has given to this team and us fans.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Fair enough, If Cook did know and decided to make a media circus... that is BS IMO... Couldn't reach him? I doubt it. Anyhow, I've been busting Steve's chops over the cap # the last couple of weeks... I'm going to side with McNair on this one until more information comes to light. I might have to change my signiture to Bus is a moron... I dunno. Till then Steve gets the benefit of the doubt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar