McNair asked to leave TN facility???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by V-MAN, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. From today's City Paper:
    Bus isn't being quite the drama queen that he's being painted as...

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I understand that... like I said, I'm not challenging you on that point. I'm just wondering how it seems to be such a widespread misconception...

in any case, right or wrong, it is a fine point, but I think it to be an important one... got to be an indicator of things to come.

3. I didn't think you were. I think a few people have jumped in to paint Cook as the bad guy without knowing the timeline of events...

People heard that Underwood informed Bus Cook and just assumed that means he knew well in advance of the incident.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Well, I take issue with him being locked out because l feel it was just a ploy. But for the sake of argument, let's assume that the Titans actually think McNair could have a season-ending injury by dropping a weight on his foot.

The timing of the thing and how it was handled is my main issue here as well. Bud just woke up and decided to lock out McNair? Everyone knew when the workouts were to start. Everyone knew the contract would not be reworked in time. Reese could have called Cook and McNair two weeks ago to say that the team had concerns and that McNair could spend more time in Mississippi if the contract was not completed. Sure, this would have gotten to the media but there would have been a level of respect there. The front office would not be taking the heat they are now either.

I actually think the Titans thought they'd get some leverage because McNair would not show up.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

that settles that then. You should see Cook's poll numbers.
    they are worse than the President's.:hmm:

People really don't like Cook right now.
    I need to go find that "I thought it was a joke" quote...
    left an entirely different impression all together.

6. Well... I wouldn't go that far... :ha:

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

10. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Ask SK and Ewker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar