McNair article from SI

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

"his arrival has Baltimore fans believing that the end of their QB nightmare is finally at hand."

Oh...Its only just beginning.

Whats up guys, im a newb as of today!

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I can't remember if I read it here or on tennessean.com but about the time he signed for the Ravens it came out that had no interest in doing any offseason work with the new offense outside of the OTA's.

Given our lack of experience at WR and that Volek had seen out the 04 season I'd have thought he would have been up for going the extra yard in the off season last year. Why does Volek have a special rapport with Bennett? Because they put the work in when McNair wasn't there.

I'll take my hat off to him for playin tough over the years. The wear and tear on him now is down to how he laid it on the line for us in the past.

Injured or not though since his MVP season his performances have by and large been ugly. What had he done for us lately? Apparently not a lot outside of gameday.:sad2:

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It wasn't a secret McNair didn't work out much at BSP ever during the offseason. But he was often times working back from a surgery. I believe he was recovering from his sternum surgery entering '05 so that may have limited him though he arrived in great shape. Once camp started, I saw him stay after more than once for extra work with the WRs.

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Welcome to the fold Mr. Adams. We wondered when you'd finally show up.

5. Sledge

Sledge Guest

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

7. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Really? I never saw him do that.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Most of the time, the rookie WRs work extra with the rookie QBs after the vets leave the field. But the day last season I got to go into the bubble, McNair stayed to work with the rookies after the final session. We're talking maybe 15 minutes or so throwing 2-3 balls to a group. I can't see much benefit in it as all were dog tired. I don't see a huge benefit in it happening in those conditions.

The work needed to happen in practice with defenders covering. McNair was allowed to "rest" certain days during camp and was often out of practice a full week leading up to the game. I think that is the time that hurt in developing timing with the rookies.

9. kak23

kak23 Camp Fodder

McNair will fall flat on his face in Balt. just like Eddie George did in Dallas. He could have been a great mentor to Young but oh well. :sad2:

10. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

If we go 1-15 all year and our only win came against the Ravens, I wouldn't be so disappointed in our year! :brow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar