McNair, Adams among Hall of Fame candidates

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Hard to argue with that. Bud may get in one day, but probably not while he's still around to appreciate it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Agree, Bonky. He will get in, but posthumously. NFL will not subject themselves to a gloating, self-righteous speech from Bud Adams. It's a lot easier to honor people when they aren't around to gloat and celebrate about it.

I'm sure Bud's acceptance speech would include some middle fingers.

I appreciate Bud for moving the franchise to Nashville.. That's about it.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think Bud deserves to be a first ballot shoe-in. Dude started the Oilers with $500K and turned the franchise into a Billion dollar club. Him and Ralph Wilson are HOF worthy in my book.

4. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

That is all relative isn't it? 500k back in the 50's is actually a ton of money.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Didn't care to look up what year he put the money down.. But what was 500,000 in 1950 was equivalent to $4,478,113.47 in 2010. So, was still a significant chunk invested in a sport that I'm sure was far from a guaranteed winning investment.

6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Guaranteed-the AFL owners were called the "fools club" by the media. A reporter went to Lamar Hunt's father, the legendary oil man Haroldson Lafayette Hunt, and asked how he felt about his son losing a million dollars on a football team. H.L. Hunt smiled and said, "Certainly I'm worried. At that rate, Lamar will be broke in 250 years."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar