McNair, Adams among Hall of Fame candidates

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't think Bud Adams is a hall of fame caliber guy either. His teams just do not have the winning % and championship record for that.

Just being one of a few guys to start a new league in 1960 is not enough. The hall is for extraordinary people.

Franchise record:

387-396-6

Post season record:

14-19

No super bowl championships!

Just giving a guy a nod for staying alive this long is not what the hof is about.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bud didn't pioneer anything he was just one of a group of 8 guys who started a new league. Unlike every other league that came after(WFL, USFL) they succeeded.

Just being mediocre for 50 years is not hall of fame.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Again to make my point, there were 8 teams when the AFL began. Do all 8 of those owners deserve to be in the hall?

And Al Davis was not even one of them he bought the Raiders later on.

Our team record is not even 500! The Hall is for excellence!

4. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Bud should no doubt make it.

I hope he wears his powder blue leisure suit too

5. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I think you either should research some AFL/NFL history, or lay off the mind-altering substances. Without Adams and Hunt, there would be a very different NFL now.

Agreed. However, he accomplished a little more than just owning a team for 50 years, as you seem to be implying. We'll find out if it's enough to get him in.

6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

RT you couldn't be more wrong. It was Bud's $$$ that kept the AFL afloat long enough to force the merger. In fact Bud floated $$$ to a couple of teams to keep them going long enough to make it, buffalo being one of them and Ralph Wilson's bills have never won a ring but he made it.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Mcnair has 0% chance

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

An argument you could make for McNair is that he was one of the toughest if not the toughest qb's to ever play the game!

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm a McNair fan but he's not going to make it. And there are a lot more deserving than Bud on that list.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

McNair is one of the best Oiler/Titans of all-time.. but I don't know if that gets him in.

Pass attempts​
    4,544​
    Pass completions​
    2,733​
    Percentage​
    60.1​
    TD-INT
    174-119​
    Passing yards​
    31,304​
    82.8​

Is that enough to get in..?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar