McNair, Adams among Hall of Fame candidates

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Former Titans quarterback Steve McNair and owner Bud Adams are among the modern-era candidates nominated for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. There are 127 nominees overall for the Class of 2013.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame selection committee will choose 25 candidates to advance as semifinalist nominees. That list will be reduced by a mail ballot to 15 modern-era finalists and announced in early January. The Class of 2013 will be selected from the list of the 15 modern-era finalists plus the two senior nominees.

The Class of 2013 will be announced on Feb. 2, 2013.

Source: Titans Insider

Attached Files:

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Just about to post this, I doubt McNair makes it. He might just out of the fact that he is still well respected and remembered, but I just don't see the success there.

Bud, on the other hand, is probably a lock.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

McNair should be in the Hall of Very Good. If you have think about the argument you'd make to get him in, he doesn't deserve it.

Sorry Steve.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Agreed, Ring of Honor, maybe retire his jersey and thats about it. One MVP will not cut it. Love what he did for the franchise, but he did not do much for the NFL.

5. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Probably wont make it, but would love to see McNair in there.

6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

McNair is a Titans legend. I hope for him thats enough.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Not gonna happen for Steve needed about 3 or 4 more good seasons to even be in the conversation. If titans fans aren't sold, it's pretty certain that nobody is.

The crazy old bat will make it in due to longevity, not success.

The only Titan that had earned it is already in there. Unfortunately he was a better player than coach.

9. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Yeah I am with the majority here. Steve McNair is one of my all-time fav's and is perfect for the Titans Ring of Honor and it would be cool to retire the #9 jersey in Nashville but sadly that would be the most of it. Air-Mac is going to just miss out the HOF needed a few more dominate years and maybe even 1 more Superbowl appearance would have put him over the top.

Bud Adams? Mehh ... He most likely will make it in but still shouldn't be enough for the Titan fans to get excited about. The old Houston Oiler fans will hate it.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Say what you like about the man, Bud Adams is a pioneer of the game of football and the NFL. I love Steve, his legend as a Titan is unmistakable. I just don't see his stats being enough to get in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar