mcnabb vs young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I'm tired of people saying I hope Vince turns out to be like McNabb, McNair, someone even threw out there Brady. It doesn't matter who. I want Vince to be his own QB.

2. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Word. I want people to be saying in a couple of years: "well, this guy here's the next Vince Young"!!

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I just hope Young turns out to be a avg/decent QB.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

They are saying they hope he is as successful as those mentioned, not that he becomes a clone of them.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thunder...

You don't know what you are talking about. Mcnabb will be in the hall of fame. He has a solid career passing rating of 85 and has more than twice as many career TDs than ints(150-71) which is outstanding. His Td to int ratio is much better than mcnair's and he will be at the top of his game longer. He also fumbles at less than the normal rate for a QB. Taking care of the football is his strong point..

He is still one of the more mobile QBs in the league and is on pace to rush for over 400 yards this year. 4 straight nfc championship games and a super bowl and he won't turn 30 for another 2 months. He has a winning record in the post season(7-5) and has only been part of one losing team since he took over full time as the eagles starting QB in 2000.

Name 5 QBs in this league who are better than mcnabb..

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

As someone who has McNabb on his fantasy team, he's put up massive numbers. He's had some tough moments including two picks in Tampa and last week but he has to be considered a top 5 QB.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

A quick look at the standings revels that the following QBs are currently better than McNabb:

brady
    McNair
    Gayton
    Garrard / Ironleg Wrongwich
    Plummer
    Rivers
    Other Manning
    Bledsoe
    Grossman
    Huard / Green
    Brad Johnson
    Mexico
    Brees
    Wallace / Hasselbeck
    Bulger

Ya know who ain't on the list - kerrycollins and RICH GANNON

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

McNabb blows his chunky soup when things get dicy...

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

GoT....hoffa..

Both you guys continue to amaze at how little you know about football. For GoT this is an all time low and that is truly saying something. Sure there are 15 QBs better than mcnabb with his 97 passing rating.:rolleyes: Nice methodology GoT!

Mcnabb is 5th in passing rating, 1st in yards passing. He has 16 TDs with only 5 picks. He also has 200 yards rushing.

Hoffa's ascertion that mcnabb chokes in big games is a laugh. He has won 7 of 12 playoff games. How many 29 year old QBs have even played in 12 playoff games? He has 18 TDs with 12 ints in the post season which is hardly blowing. He also averages 30 yards rushing per playoff game. Yeah really sucking there.

5 pro bowls by the way. Make it 6 after this season.

Just because the ignorant train runs past your door doesn't mean you guys have to jump aboard every time. ;)

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Next time you board that train be sure to get a clue bamma boy.

Every QB I listed currently has their team with a better record than your newest man crush McNabb. Not saying it will end up that way, but that is currently a fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar