mcnabb vs young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4andershv

4andershv Camp Fodder

Agreed!

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I don't think he is as fast as Vick, but he is strangely elusive, as in he doesn't even get touched. He sees the field as he runs better than any other qb. This is what makes him special to me. He has instinct on where to run and how to get there. I think the comparisons to Randall Cunningham are spot on.

3. ShoTym

ShoTym Rookie of the Year

people said he wasn't as fast as vick and he couldn't outrun NFL talent. That TD he ran for seemed to put all that to rest. He looked pretty darn fast to me. I've said this all along. Vince is a different monster. He cannot be compared to Vick, McNair, McNabb (all black BTW). If he has 80% of Vick's running ability, and 75% of Elway's passing ability, he'll change the game.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

1. Sorry, not as fast as Vick.

2. He's more accurate than Vick at this point, but not by a lot.

3. The McNabb comment maybe one of the more absurd comments I've seen on this board. I don't even feel like going into it. If we get a McNabb like player out of Vick, then we got good value.

5. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I think Vince is a better runner than Vick. Vick may be faster, but Vick is also 6 feet and on the lighter side. That's why he's gotten the injuries he's gotten. However, Vince is 6'5 and much bigger and has more of a stiff-arm leverage than Vick would. Bottom line, Vick is a Randall Cunningham type runner and Vince is more of a faster McNair/McNabb runner.

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Vince Young ..........................................................................Mike Vick

The gap is the ability to throw the ball, and dont even come at me with the stats of vicks last 2 games, they werent good defenses and half the time the recievers made a great play

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Vince does remind me a bit of Cunningham, but Randall was never coached up to stay in the pocket as they are today. Actually Vince isn't like anyone right now, but I think overall his skills will outweigh Vick and several others. He is big enough to stand in the pocket and not panic when a lineman comes at him (he made a nifty little sidestep in the Texans game), but he can run if he has to. His stock went way up last week on one play...it was supposed to be a swing pass but the back was covered...Vince pump faked and pulled the ball down and took off. He didn't gain many yards, but it was exactly the right thing to do. Less mobile QB's would have given up on the play, or thrown the ball for a loss. His decisions are really good for a rookie 4 games into the season. If he ever becomes as accurate as Brady or Manning....look out.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Tnthunder...

What are you talking about? Mcnabb is one of the elite QBs in this league. The guy will probably be in the hall of fame someday. All he does is win and it doesn't matter who the supporting cast is. He has always produced while taking care of the football. If vince is mcnabb's equal that would be fine with me.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Elite? lol.....I wouldn't go that far. Like McNair, he has made some crucial mistakes at the worst times. They made the SB one time, and like us, didn't win. I doubt they get back there with him at QB. I would set my sights higher and hope he turns out as good as Brady.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Plenty of elite QBs have made inoppurtune mistakes. Is Peyton Manning not an elite quarterback? Rothlisburger? Palmer? You're logic is falty my friend. An elite QB isn't perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar