McGahee is a Raven

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What are you talking about?

Starting years? You mean we don't count the years henry was a no show? We only count his best seasons? If the guy is sitting on the bench it's his damn fault. Why would such a stud ever be on the bench?

Henry was a starter in the first year mcgahee played. He sucked and lost his job. That year playing with the same offensive line henry averaged 3.5ypc while mcgahee averaged 4.0.

As i said in a previous post mcgahee has only missed 2 games in the last 3 years to injury while henry missed 10 plus 4 more for suspension. That doesn't matter?

It doesn't matter that while henry was a no show pos not even cracking 400 yards for 2 straight years mcgahee was getting well over 1000?

Mcgahee has averaged 1122 yards each year he played while henry averaged 899. That's the fair comparison. Every poster that is kissing henry's butt now were bashing him after the 2005 season. Does 2005 not count?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

not me.

fact is, mcgahee has not never gotten over 1300 yards. travis has twice.

travis has had over 4.0 YPC three times, willis has never had one over 4.0.

travis has more runs of over 20 yards in the past two years, 11, to mcgahee's 8. travis wasnt even a starter for one of those years.

travis had 221 more yards than mcgahee last year despite starting one less game.

neither is a very good receiver.
    travis was also playing with broken ribs and a bum ankle.

3. He had the benefit of comparing his negotiations to the contracts that other RBs had already signed this offseason. And he had the right to agree or not agree to it. And he knew that the Ravens were under the gun to make the deal happen, which is similar to an early free agent signing.

Yes, it actually is a better deal than Henry got. When I first read what PFT said, I misunderstood their explanation of his bonuses.

4. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

McGahee is a lot better than Henry. It's not a comparison.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Have you been watching the games? Since Willis got in the league I thought "what is this guy other than a big name that you hear on ESPN a lot?".

I watch them play, I think Henry is better. Keep your stats (even though I'd say the stats suggest Henry is better).

From other boards I have read, Bills fans are glad Willis is gone and some wanted Henry back and said he was a better back.

6. Xplayer52

Xplayer52 Guest

I love TH but Willis is a better running back!

I'll always be a Willis fan, do you all remember what happen to him in the National Championship game, when he tore up his leg. HE worked his butt off to come back! A lot of people would have just gave up!

7. I'd say Henry and McGahee are both on roughly the same level on the field.

8. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

Are you saying, that unlike our fans, whom always agree about a player. SOME, Bills fans wanted TH back and thought he was the better back. Does that mean SOME had a different view?:sarcasm:

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Actually, I don't remember much of anything good to say about Willis from Bills fans. Maybe they were ganging up on him, and I will say they seem like a cynical bunch in general. I can only say their thoughts seemed to match my view on the guy : he was very average.

I remember reading where they hoped changes in the o-line would help, but didn't.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Travis henry's accomplishments..

His greatest accomplishments occured years ago in 02 and 03. Hell if you want to go that far back i'll say priest holmes is better than both of them. Ricky williams as well. What does it say about a guy when his 2 best seasons were 4 and 5 years ago? That's what has you sticking your chest out in henry's defense?

In terms of their ability both are similar but who has been more dependable and durable? Which of the two had the 4 game bong suspension? Case closed.

Even if we call it even willis is three years younger which means a lot in this league where RBs are fortunate to have a career beyond 5 years. It's over all value as a marketing commodity and that's what matters most..

As for bills fans i could care less what they think. Their expectations were probably through the roof. Just like brownie isn't as bad as many titan fans make him out to be..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar