McGahee is a Raven

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Plus TH averaged 10TD per year when he carried for 250+ atts.
    McGahee's TD avg per year is 8.

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

You can't have a Willis McGahee discussion without showing this...
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xSySFNv9xNE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xSySFNv9xNE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Thank you for posting that. Its been a while.

Clarett > McGahee

4. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

whoops, sorry guys... I had a brainfart and misread the other post and thought he was saying Mcgahee was half the back of THenry.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

2002 season(best I could find of hand)
    Willis McGahee
    282 carries 1753 yards 6.2 ypc 134.8 ypg 28TD
    Marice Clarett
    221 carries 1237 yards 5.6ypc 112.5ypg 16TD

Yes, SloMo was only a freshman with these numbers which is nice. But he did NOTHING in the NFL (and on the Broncos for that matter). McGahee has done something.

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Yup... I would take Maurice Clarett and his zero career rushing yards over McGahee any day of the week.
    :sarcasm:

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

yes, we did give up A third for Henry, the Ravens just gave two thirds and a seventh for McGahee.

also, McGahee would really only be successful if he stayed in the AFC East. Some may ask why, he's only good against the Jets, I don't know the exact numbers, but I remember reading that he averages something like 120 yards per game against the Jets and about 70 against anyone else. If you look at last year's game log for Willis (Link) you'll see that his only two 100 yard games were his two against the Jets where he ran for 150 and 125

8. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Ahhh.... Im not saying McGahee isent better now im just saying givin the chance to play without off the field issues I think Clarett would make a better running back in the NFL.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

we can't let ourselves get caught up in the "what if" or "if only" game(s)...

10. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Ok then McGahee is better.. :shake:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar