McCourty keeps Andre Johnson in check

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

From columnist David Climer …

Cornerback Jason McCourty spent much of the day matched up with Texans wideout Andre Johnson and did a good job in coverage.

Johnson caught six passes for only 49 yards, with his longest reception for 13 yards.

“We talked at the end of the game and I told him how much I respect him as a player,” McCourty said. “He had a few good plays but I think I did a pretty good job overall.”

After five years in the NFL, McCourty said he is mindful that the upcoming off-season is important.

“I’ll take a little time off but I’ll get back to working out and grinding and trying to perfect my craft,” he said. “You always have to be working to get better because they’re always going to bring in some people to compete for your position.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. titanbackbone

titanbackbone Special Teams Standout

McCourty was just all over Andre, nice to see him keeping up his solid play

3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

The corners have really exceeded my wildest expectations this season. If we can keep Vern and if Blidi takes a step forward this will be an even more exciting secondary.

4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

McCourty has been solid for years. Shame he doesn't get the respect he deserves on this board. He may not make the flashy plays, but he keeps #1 WRs in check.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jerry Gray said he's the defenses most consistent player. The right people know he's a good player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar