McCarthy will start against 49ers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Which is false due to the fact that McCarthy hits people for a living. You're not taking all the variables into account when determining your decision.

McCarthy is, when compared to other MLBs, relatively injury prone. Most people on this board don't need stats or math to see it because they just feel it.

That means that his hitting/tackling people to suffering an injury is high because his position demands that he sustain hits.

Locker is a QB. A position that shouldn't get hit and when does receive a good smack there is a high possibility that he is injured (hence the rule changes).

So if both are missing equal amounts of time for hits, then the player who is playing the position that is suppose to take hits would look weaker by comparison. McCarthy.

2. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

Most QB's in the NFL get smacked around a lot.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I'm not about to cross reference every QBs hit and compare it with Lockers. I've seen the hits that Locker took and by no means is my reaction "Oh come on, get up!!"

Is he a monster like Big Ben or McNair? No. Is he VY who pulls a hammy after running for 10 yards? No.

Is it fair to say that Locker is as injury prone as McCarthy? I don't think so.

4. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I'm a McCarthy fan. BUT when was the last time he made this "big" play you guys are talking about??? Pick against the jags last year?? Haha I hope he stays healthy and plays big like he has the potential to, but Fokou is 2nd in tackles on our defense I believe. Is McCarthy going to be able to step in and make up for those tackles??

5. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

Agree there - Although the hit he took in the Texans game last year was his fault for not noticing the blitzing player. Growing pains of a young QB (no pun intended)

Im not a big fan of the Injury Prone tag for any player, but its tought not to label guys as such when they consistently get hurt. Whether they be consisten "bad luck" injuries or stemming from not doing the right things.

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

VY never missed much time with injuries. He actually managed to play an entire season minus one game.

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Locker when compared to other qb's is really injury prone!

8. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

Against Miami last year he had a pick 6.

When he is on the field and healthy you can notice him - Let's see how he does this week. You have to give him a mulligan for last week since he hasn't played all year.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea this has become his biggest issue. He doesn't have survival instincts, he takes on LB's and DE's like he's a RB still.

Jake has put to rest every criticism there's been. He's now more accurate, and shows better pocket awareness, and if he could just stay healthy he'd put the final knock on him to rest.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

McCarthy has way more wear and tear on him. If I had to bet Locker will be in the league long after McCarthy is gone. McCarthy is another Rocky Calmus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar