Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

McCarthy will start against 49ers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 15, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 10 users.
  1. Titans Insider Titans News

Middle linebacker Colin McCarthy will make his first start of the season on Sunday.

Titans coach Mike Munchak said Tuesday on his weekly radio show that McCarthy will start in place of Moise Fokou, who suffered a knee injury in last Sunday’s loss to Seattle. Fokou had posted the second-most tackles (45) on the team and was tied for the team lead with two forced fumbles.

McCarthy was the team’s starting middle linebacker last year when healthy, but he only played in seven games due to an ankle injury and a concussion. He didn’t play in the team’s last four games in 2012.

McCarthy was competing with Fokou for the starting spot this year, but lost his chance at the spot when a hamstring injury sidelined him for much of training camp.

Munchak didn’t say Tuesday how long Fokou would be out, but he’d said Monday that the worst-case scenario for Fokou would be “week-to-week.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

Attached Files:

nbtoppers2, GTFO my pancakz and Fry high five this.
  2. RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Locker
    Moolah:
    $3,601
    [IMG]

I missed my Crutches. Hopefully he'll be starting every game for the rest of the year, and then some!
    • Tip Jar Donor

Brew City Case Race Champion

Casey
    Moolah:
    $2,812
    Not gonna lie, I was kinda happy when Fokou got hurt, but McCarthy didn't play real well when he came in. I'll chalk that up to lack of 1st team reps.
    CJtheBeast high fives this.
  3. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,668
    You Texan fan
    • Tip Jar Donor

Brew City Case Race Champion

Casey
    Moolah:
    $2,812
    That is blasphemy!
  4. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,054
    There's a difference between wanting a guy to get hurt and not wanting him on the field.

I'm glad Fokou won't be playing because I've seen McCarthy make big time plays. I'm not happy it had to happen by injury.
    MilwaukeeTitan high fives this.
  5. Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,011
    First, we no longer have Ball Sacks to look forward to.

Now, no more Fokyou? Sigh
    Titan43 high fives this.
  6. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,171
    Glad to have McCarthy back in the middle. Hope Fokou is ok. McCarthy makes plays and we need some of that. As solid as Fokou has been he doesn't make big plays like Colin can/has.

Colin, Zach and Akeem make for a damn good group of LBs.
  7. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,142
    Just stay healthy, for the love of God.
    MilwaukeeTitan high fives this.
  8. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,171

Leave God out of it! lol
    Dman high fives this.