McCarthy vs Ruud

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Nov 14, 2011.

?
  1. McCarthy

62 vote(s)
    84.9%
  2. Ruud

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. Undecided/Indifferent

9 vote(s)
    12.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

While Ruud's tackle numbers have been high, and lucky with a few picks, this kid looks to be a much better player. It was a mistake signing Ruud and i actually hope he stays dinged up a bit longer so i can see what this kids got.

he was recovering from a hammy injury, so he played really good for some1 who wasnt 100% (i no its football, and no1 is a 100 but still). I also like his built, very similar to Patrick Willis of the 9ers, so thats good.

He was in the backfield a lot, looked much faster than Ruud and played sideline to sideline. i couldn't really watch individual match-ups, streaming and all, but i liked wat i saw from the young talent.

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

McCarthy looked pretty good today, whereas Ruud has underwhelmed me all season.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why even ask? McCarthy looks like the real deal.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

Just one game folks ..... mind you , it seems Ruud's mother is a forum member as he got a vote.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

One game but this is a rookie and he out played a 7 year vet.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Finally, finally we see 3 mid rd picks step up and show that they were worth it.

So many 3rd and 4th rd picks are worthless as rookies and we sit and wait for them to step up only to find out it never happens. Now this year we see Williams, Casey and McCarthy all taking advantage of their opportunities. This bodes well for the future of this team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

True it is just one game, but McCarthy definitely looks like the real deal. The thing that impressed me most about his play is that he doesn't hesitate or stutter-step like Ruud. He trusts his instincts and goes balls to the wall. He tackled very solidly and showed great speed and quickness. I liked the Ruud signing but even more so now because it's just a 1-year deal. And how sweet of his mom to show him some love with that vote. lol

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Definitely McCarthy. I don't even care that it was just one game. The thing I liked most about this guy is when he hits people they go down. This defense needs all the solid tacklers it can get.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm not sure if McCarthy is the final answer, but I definitely like him better than Ruud.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Here's where we'll see just how much like Fisher Munchak is...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar