McCarthy still has eyes on starting spot

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The preseason isn’t starting the way Colin McCarthy had hoped. The Titans linebacker won’t play in Thursday’s game against the Redskins because of a hamstring injury he suffered last week.

McCarthy isn’t sweating, it though.

“There’s still a lot of time, a month before we kick off in the regular season,’’ he said. “Week One it is my goal to be 100 percent and I don’t see a reason why that can’t be the case.”

Moise Fokou will start at middle linebacker against the Redskins after working with the first group for all but one practice in training camp.

McCarthy, who missed nine games with injuries last year, plans to get back into the mix when he gets healthy. He suffered the hamstring injury last week, and hasn’t practiced since.

He wants to win his job back, but knows there’s only one thing he can do.

“That’s their decision, not my decision. My only thing is to be healthy and be available,’’ McCarthy said. “Playing in the preseason games, getting my feet wet, that’s important to me. They’ll bring me along so I’m ready to go.

“When we kick off against Pittsburgh I need to be 100 percent and ready to go.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider

2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Please stay healthy McCarthy :shakehead: Fokou is no starting MLB. We need to draft one high next year regardless.

3. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

Mccarthy is just fragile, if we wants to play maybe he should not get hurt and train more

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

You cannot start when you are in the tub and with the trainer! NFL will be not for long if this does not change and I hate it because this guy has talent! We need him

5. BCTitans

BCTitans Starter

Yup, tough to win a position from the sidelines.

6. BCTitans

BCTitans Starter

^^This. While he's better than what we had last year, we need to draft a different maker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar