McCarthy ruled out vs. Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Middle linebacker Colin McCarthy will miss his fifth game of the season when the Titans play the Texans at LP Field, this time because of lingering issues with a concussion.

“He is just not quite ready at this point, so we are better off just not playing (him),” coach Mike Munchak said.

Wide receiver Damian Williams (hamstring), defensive end Derrick Morgan (knee), safety Al Afalava (ankle), linebacker Xavier Adibi (knee), linebacker Patrick Bailey (ribs) and running back Jamie Harper (ankle) are questionable.

McCarthy, who has struggled all season with an ankle injury, didn’t realize he’d been ruled out against the Texans when approached in the locker room after practice.

“I’m waiting to hear from the doctors,” McCarthy said. “I feel good. I feel fine. I haven’t been told anything, so it’s news to me.”

Tim Shaw will start in place of McCarthy in the base defense. Will Witherspoon will work in extra-linebacker packages.

McCarthy began showing concussion-like symptoms after last Sunday’s game against the Jaguars. He exercised earlier in the week, “but he’s just not where you are satisfied that he should be playing in a game on Sunday,” Munchak said.

“You want him to get better, and clear up a lot quicker,” Munchak said. “It’s not like he’s in a bad way by any means, we just think he’s not clear enough at this point in the week you’d think he could play in a football game, so he’s not playing. … He’s just not as clear as we’d like him to be.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: AFC South, League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

Attached Files:

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Time for the pigeons

[​IMG]
  3. Obie09

Obie09 Starter

I think i ran over a pigeon earlier. It was already dead though
  4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Thanks alot Scarecrow.
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Pigeons are the new "it-sucks"
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

So you It Sucks a bot? Classy JC.
  7. Titan43

Titan43 Starter

well that sucks
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

we need a pigeon smilie
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

We have a cow, pig, and a horse, but what happened to the chicken?
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

I will it-sucks anything. Bot, human, pigeon that sucks, you name it. If you suck, I'll tell you.

no homo