McCarthy injured already

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Aug 2, 2013.

1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Fouku will be playing alot of MLB this year. With Gooden having to backup both OLB spots. There's alot of vet ILBs still available: Larry Grant, Bart Scott, Takeo Spikes, & Bradie James. Should we consider bringing one in? Actually, probably wait until final 53 cuts and see who hits the open market. We could probably bring in another body, McCarthy will get hurt again. Love the guy, but he's made of glass.

Also, don't sleep on Greg Jones.. he could make the team. Was high on him coming out of Michigan St. Started 5 games in '11 with NYG.

OLB: Brown + Fouku
    ILB: McCarthy + Jones + Shaw
    OLB: Ayers + Gooden

Would we carry 7? Why not.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

I wouldn't mind Bart Scott.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. 520

520 Starter

cant wait
    • High Five High Five x 2
  4. RTH

RTH Meh...

Can't say I'm shocked by any of this. I was hoping he'd last the entire season, but I knew, realistically, it wouldn't happen.

I'm over him - been over him, sadly - and it's time to move on. Maybe in a couple of seasons his body will begin to respect his talent and maintain itself. By then, I'm not sure what team he'll be on.
  5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Starter

There's nothing to do but shake my head, couldn't even make it to a preseason game. I'm really hoping they're just being extremely cautious, I had my over under on games played at 10, but I was being overly optimistic with that :(.
  6. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

The depth chart for the Redskins came out today. Curiously, mcCarthy is listed as the starter even though Fokou has been taking most if the snaps with the starters and McCarthy is injured.
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Well the NFL mandates a depth chart come out for everyone by this time, so it's more politics than what the actual line up will be.

Ideally Im sure we'd like to have McCarthy starting, but realistically he'll miss half the season.
  8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

I didn't know you had to have a depth chart in preseason.
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Now you know, youre welcome.
  10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Yeah I sure did. Seriously didn't know you had to release a preseason depth chart.