McCarthy downplays concussion concerns

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans coach Mike Munchak said the team will decide Friday whether middle linebacker Coliin McCarthy will be available for Sunday’s game against Houston.

McCarthy missed his second straight day of practice on Thursday due to a concussion.

Munchak said McCarthy was scheduled to do bike and treadmill workouts on Thursday, exercises usually done to see if raising a player’s heart rate brings back concussion symptoms.

“We’ll see how he responds to that,” Munchak said. “We’ll know tomorrow.”

McCarthy downplayed the diagnosis of a concussion, which didn’t occur until after Sunday’s loss to Jacksonville.

“I just had a headache,” McCarthy said. “But it’s going away. So I’ll be fine. I guess they have to go through whatever procedures they have to, but I’ll be fine.”

As for other injuries, wide receiver Damian Williams (hamstring), running back Jamie Harper (ankle) and guard Steve Hutchinson (rest day) did not practice. Munchak is hopeful Williams will be able to play Sunday, but sounded less certain regarding Harper.

Two Titans who sat out Wednesday’s practice – linebacker Patrick Bailey (ribs) and defensive end Derrick Morgan (knee) – were limited in practice on Thursday.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

thats cool, we should downplay his game checks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm glad they're now telling us Hutchinson gets the day off instead of reporting what might look like an injury. Was a little confused the first time I saw Hutch's name on there.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

yeah be a dumb butt and play with a concussion...don't worry about getting healthy so you can play next week or yr

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Isn't saying you're not concerned with a concussion something someone with a concussion might say?

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

McCarthy has a bad case of Bob Sandersitis.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Troy Aikman always said that. By the end of his career they always had a player designated to go and tell Troy what down it was, if it was time to get off the field, and which direction the Cowboys sideline is.

If there is any concern at all with McCarthy better safe than sorry. Hold him out the rest of the season if need be.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

No it isn't TJ

9. TitanJeff

Gone are the days you could sneak someone with a mild concussion on the field. He won't get to play if there's any doubt. I can understand his personal frustration because he has so many setbacks but I think this is his first which hopefully means he can recover faster.

10. TitanJeff

Do you currently have a concussion?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar