McCareins likely to be cut

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Granted, Givens will likely miss the first part of next season but I'm getting a little tired of people acting like he isn't going to be a big part of this roster for years to come. :suspect:

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dangermode...

Givens had a career threatening injury. It isn't just a matter of when he can play again but what kind of player he will be. Common sense tells us not to count on him for anything but rather to plan as if he won't come back.

Many talk about givens as if he wasn't injured at all and will be our #1 or 2 WR. We saw what happened to calico; a promising player had two leg injuries in 2004, came back in 2005 and had nothing to offer. Now he is out of the league.

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

You're right. But then there's also the guys like Brandon Jones, who recover quicker than expected. Usually it takes between one to two years to recover from an ACL injury. It took E. James two years before he was back to his old self. We'll just have to wait it out and see what happens.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'm not expecting anything from Givens this year. I hope I'm wrong, but playing it safe rather than to expect something and get nothing.

5. ONUV

ONUV Starter

not a #1 receiver

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

There are only a handful of #1 receivers in this league. The likes of TO, 85, Harrison and Smith are very hard to come by.

7. Morph

Morph Revolution

I would love to see McCareins back on the Titans. I think him, along with our other WRs we already have in place, would allow us to open up the passing game more. I'm really hoping we resign Wade too.

I would rather have anyone besides Collins behind Young in the line-up. Sure Collins is a vet and all that good stuff, but he's washed up and the only thing he's interested in is sitting on the bench and getting paid big $$$ for it. I seriously hope he isn't back on our roster next year. Hopefully we won't have to see much of our 2nd string QB (whoever that may be).

8. Wouldn't mind seein J-Mac back either,another quality target for Vince.Now if we did sign Wade we'd have pretty solid group of receivers and still have our pick to grab another one.Slowly where reuniting our old titan squad together again(Carter,Mccarins) now if we could grab mason back we'd be set.

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Id rather give Williams or Roby a chance instead of J-Mac

10. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Don't forget Samari Rolle, if we're reuniting the old Titans, def want to include him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar