Maybe waiving Blount was for the better?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'll be the first to admit whether or not I was wrong about something, so here we go.

After cutting ties with great talents such as Albert Haynesworth, Pacman Jones, and Vince Young, and some other bad apples, Titan fans have grown used to seeing their team play with a bunch of no-names, and struggling at times because of it.

We all take shots at Titans former head coach Jeff Fisher, if not for this, then for that. Most the time it's well deserved, but the time he waived LeGarrette Blount may have been the right move after all. So for now, I want to take a moment to say; maybe I was wrong about Fisher waiving LeGarrette Blount to keep special teams ace Donnie Nickey around. Sure Donnie Nickey is a joke of a safety, but he did contribute some. Blount can't and wasn't going to play kickoff coverage so Fisher tried sneaking him on the practice squad.

Back then we all said that was STUPID to try to do. We saw Blount impress in preseason, and thought he'd do that regularly. And he does, BUT the thing with Blount is he's got an attitude problem, one that may eventually catch up with him, and land him in jail.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/legarrette-blount-alleged-to-act-as-leader-in-an-assault-2011-12
    Blount's response to these claims:
    Is Kenny Britt this same kind of guy, IMO no he's not. You talk to Kenny Britt and you get a sense he's a little immature but has a good heart. But when you talk to Blount, or watch him, you get a feeling like he's a jerk.

Did Fisher let Blount go to avoid another Pacman? Maybe, and right now seems like yes. And because of that, want all the Fisher lovers to know I can eat crow on this, I said a lot of bad stuff about Fisher based on him not keeping Blount around.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

This might be a worse thread than "Titans should sign McNabb". I'm disappointed in you Bravey.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I don't care how good a player is. When you have a guy throwing punches at his teammates and having a bad attitude, that is not conducive whatsoever with teamwork, sportsmanship, or respect.

The guy is a good running back. I don't think anyone can argue he isn't. I don't regret Fisher cutting him. He will probably want a big contract, and you can't pay two backs big money like that.

When you got a dummy smoking weed, it is one thing. When you have a guy who repeatedly assaulted others, and the way he learned his lesson was to get his friends to beat people up... thats a joke.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Don't care if he punches 20 people a week.

He was too good to let walk away.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

thanks for the link

Would have signed Hannibal Lecter if that is what it took too get Nickey off the roster though.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

It may land him in jail eventually, but probably not. & He would have likely contributed to our team greatly and lead to maybe another win or two this year. I don't care about next year or whenever, he would have produces last year if he had a chance and this year when CJ wasn't ready and that's better than nothing. I don't think we planned on keeping him till 2015 anyway.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

On a serious note, as far as I'm concerned this is all hearsay. And furthermore, an isolated incident. Sure when he was in college he punched some idiot that was dumb enough to get in his face and gloat (helmet-less no less) after a win. But are we supposed to hold that against him forever?

And I know there was the incident at Titan TC but I always thought too much was made of that anyway. It's obvious the guy has a temper. But that can be a good thing on the field as long as you know where the line is. And he's done good job of that since it's he's been in the NFL.

If new details about this "orchestrated attack" come out or another incident happens then I might change my opinion.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, we've had a lot of players get in fights at training camp.

Honestly, that Boise State clown was begging for it. Doesn't make it right, but if most of us were in public and had someone spout off in our face like that we'd probably do the same thing. Bap! Goodnight!

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Tty soon!

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He was flagged 15 yards this season for smacking a guy in the face. Four incidents if you include the one on 9/11/11. The guy obviously has issues controlling his temper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar