Mawae signs too

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Raydawg, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metal957

metal957 In"Vince"Able

Great call and that is what we are going to do
  2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The only knock on Mawae is his age, but if we don't have a capable center on the current roster, I think it was a good pickup freeing us to use a late round pick on a future center.
  3. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

I thought you didnt want him?:brow:
  4. Smash

Smash Soccer God

How does this year C-group looks like this year? - I'm pretty sure the 2nd rounder goes to the O-line, but whether it's gonna be a guard (like Max Jean-Gilles) or something else, I really haven't got the insight of the pool to say.
  5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

One thing I like about this move is that a new franchise qb selected in the draft will have the chance to work with one of the best. That's awesome. I really feel that can be such a help for our new qb on his way to becoming an elite playmaker. Plus he can teach McNair how to get a clean exchange under center.:ha:
  6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Up with the news aren't we??

:rolleyes:

:chairwack
  7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

It's funny, I had always heard that Mawae was a bit of a dirty player, but reading his interview on Titansonline, he sounds like a class act. Someone who definetly can and will help the younger players.
  8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I didn't want him if we got him at a high price-tag. I believe we got him for like 4 years, $13 million. That's a steal to me.
  9. Woody81

Woody81 Camp Fodder

Thats exactly what I thought when I heard about the signing - we finally replaced Bruce. A guy like Mawae will bring the line together - everyone will improve including Brown and Henry. Also all the O line youth have a hall of famer to learn from...work ethic, how to carry themselves. We're finally bringing in leaders. Mawae and Munch together will have a huge effect on the tackels this year and the run game just might be sick if they can stay healthy.
  10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That would be incredible if we can rise from the bottom in the run game. Everyone's been saying it (and I haven't been able to post since this morning) but the resemblance as a player to Matthews is what struck me first. I'm very excited about what this means for our offense.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.