Mawae Feels Criticism of Young Unfounded

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Not enough Manning's first year? The one with 28 INTs and a 71 passer rating? If you took VY's last year and doubled all the stats, it would be that about. Plus, VY runs the ball.

BTW, thanks for your service. What branch are you in?

2. mdfan

mdfan Starter

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I would like to point out that before Manning, Harrison never had 900 yrds receiving nor more than 8 TDs. He wasn't much of a weapon until Peyton made him one. Sometimes the QB makes the receivers.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Harrison was always a good WR. Since his rookie season he's been a good WR. I think he had something like 800 yards and around 9 td's his rookie season. I mean Dwayne Bowe had stats like that and look at his QB. Harrison was starting to come into his own when Manning got there then when Manning became great we know the rest of the story.

5. Tuckfro42

for your reading pleasure:

http://www.nfl.com/players/marvinharrison/profile?id=HAR608874

6. The Playmaker

Man, 8 td's I was so close! Okay that just kind of proves what I said. Also Harrison had his least amount in yards for a while in his career when Manning was a rookie. After that they took off. It also helps when you have a great WR with a great QB their whole careers.

7. Tuckfro42

Yes, but it definitely proves my point. Oh, and look again at Harrison's year during Manning's first season - he only played in 12 games.

8. The Playmaker

Oh I didn't notice that though. I just looked at yards and td's. However though Harrison was becoming an established WR already though. We all knew a 1st overall pick gunslinging QB was going to be fine with the players and offensive scheme he was in. It's just about opposite scenarios for Manning and Young to start their careers.

Manning: Pocket QB with an arm ,better WR, I might even say RB, better OL, and a poor defense.

Young: Scrambling QB, uses his legs, no WR's, Norm Chow, young OL, and a better defense.

So it's pretty hard to compare.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I don't think anyone can dispute that Vince Young is a touchdown machine.

10. halt

halt Starter

Remember when Ross Perot talked about the "giant sucking sound"? He thought it was jobs going to Mexico, but actually it was VY learning to play QB in TX. He's evidently still learning, because everyone keeps talking about next year. Have another glass of Kool-Aid, and wait. I'm a fan and charter psl holder. Haven't missed a game in 10 yrs, and I expect the QB to produce. He was a student this past yr, but not at Titansland, where he might have learned a little bit more about the game. Farve switched teams and is having better success than VY. Until VY dedicates himself to the GAME, like the Mannings, Eddie G, Farve, McNair, and other PROFESSIONALS, he'll continue to SUCK!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar