Mawae disappointed that Titans have not contacted him

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

why exactly should Mawae retire a Titan? BTW its looking pretty good that will come true - lol

Mawae is probably most remembered as a Jet, but but he was a Seahawk before that and if he is lucky he might get to be something else for a short time.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not into bashing but Mawae's trip to the Pro Bowl was by name recognition only. Amano is the new center. Harris steps in at guard and is the #2. Do you think the Titans needs three centers?

His leadership will be hard to replace. He's a good guy to have but, in the end, none of that trumps the play on the field.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Probably so but Fisher needs to be rung up for "guaranteeing" him a roster spot.

4. TitanJeff

He overstepped with that comment. Fisher very well may want Mawae back but he doesn't sign the players.

5. Riverman

I get it- it probably IS productive for the HC to project himself as a player advocate but you have to follow through with what you say, especially if you guarantee something. As it is, Fisher comes off to the public in this situation as not being a man of his word. That doesn't play well into the escalating public perception that the Titans "don't pay their players", "are cheap" etc.

Camp isn't over yet. The spin I heard somewhere is that Mawae hasn't been offered a spot yet because they want to evaluate the younger talent. Won't set Mawae back to miss some TC because of his experience (and age). Probably not a bad idea, but like PK pointed out, the communication between Fisher and Co. and players needs to be better to improve the organization's rep among players and at large.

6. TitanJeff

I would buy into this if Mawae would have kept quiet. It won't happen with the Titans now. I guarantee.

As for the rep, I heard the same chit from Eddie George when he left. He was out there on the field yesterday all chum-chum with Fisher. Maybe he's moved on but I personally feel this is about how the front office handles things and it goes beyond the GM since we've heard the same stuff when Reese was here.

I don't think the players blame Fisher.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Riverman

Sounds to me like Mawae is blaming Fisher and MR. Time heals all wounds- I remember Eddie was bitter as hell- same as Mason. Come to think of it- I don't know if Mason has ever gotten over it. That lil turd flipped off the South end zone when he had the go ahead score years ago.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So, is it possible that other players (potential future free agents) and even college seniors (or at least their future agents) pay attention to comments from players like Mawae and Bulluck?

Or is Gunny right and I just make up this "poor reputation amongst players" about the Titans organization?

Or do other people see this evidence and conclude the same thing and Gunny just can't connect the dots?

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Also, and this may be old news but if it is I missed it the first time around... but I caught a few mins of Plaster's show yesterday and whoever it was that was on there (Wyatt?) was saying that Fisher had said the Titans offered Vanden Bosch more money before the 09 season than the Lions signed him for in the offseason. He then said that when KVB was asked about this he just laughed.

I think it's pretty clear we have a poor, or at the very least, a sub-par reputation around the league when it comes to the handling of our star players when we decide we are done with them.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Seems like Michael Roos wants him back too after he came out to camp the other day in a Mawae jersey.

He's the best Center this team has, by FAR. Not having him here is stupid.

I'm guessing he brushed his hair a way that Fisher didn't approve of, so he's shut out of the buddy-club now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar