Mawae Debate...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 29, 2008.

?
  1. Yeah, he's still got it...sign him for whatever it takes

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. Yeah, as long as he's willing to negotaite

19 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. No, its time to move on

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

something i hvnt seen talked bout yet.....

im not sure what contract this guy signed...never could find the exact details just kept on c-in multi-yr contract....im guessin its prob a 3/4 yr contract....meaning that his time is almost up on it. that this is prob his last yr...also i doubt he would become union prez if he was planning on retirin pretty soon (barin like a serious injury)....

while hes old and seasoned and he did do pretty good here...he will also prob ask for a higher eshlon pay..especially as he argues for such union matters (i.e. more gaurenteed money, takin care of older players, less for rooks more for us, etc...) ....while it might be quick to tihnk to move on...i think his biggest asset to us was in the locker room. this guy came to tihs team and was immediately anointed as one of the leaders...and voted as one of our captains....his mean streak attitude at times seem to radiate from the team durin his time here...especially from our o-line..(which could hv actually lead to our d-line's improvement in general)...not to mention his solid on play field....at this point im not sayin we'd lose all that...or that he was the sole reason for those qualities...just a thought...either way.my question is basically...what are ppl thinking...

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Though I don't know when his contract ends, I don't see the Titans renewing a deal. Harris will likely replace Mawae.

3. mdfan

mdfan Starter

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Seems like we'll keep him for 2 more years and then move on. He will be 39 at that point and clearly at the end of his career.

No need for an extension. If he shows that he's lost a step this year, we can cut ties a year early.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think he showed that last year.

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I agree. I think they want Harris to start at G this year and learn the "art" of calling the line-plays from Mawae and then have him as our full-time C next season.

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

At a reasonable price, if hes still good

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

No more than 2 years.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

very interesting....I didn't think about that

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

When I watch him, I don't think he's really lost a step, he still looks quick. I think he's lost strength, maybe he never fully got over the arm injury. The mistakes he's made like on snaps are hard to put a finger on.

I think he's still ok, but I honestly want to see if we can upgrade the position. Won't happen this year, but it'll kinda suck if Harris just sits on the bench for quite awhile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar