Maturity has Improved Collins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The maturity, decision-making and stability of Kerry Collins has influenced his teammates throughout the Titans 13-3 season. "He’s poised. … I think he understands where his role is most important, and that’s in that huddle and in games," Alge Crumpler said. "From a football standpoint, the thing I like most about Kerry is there a lot of instances where he has a lot of control over what he wants called on the field. And in the National Football League, you’ve got to be that way." Collins feels his past, both good and bad, has helped him to become a better QB. "I think just my personal maturity has helped. As I’ve gotten older, I understand the game better, I’m being smarter and making better decisions, and you live and learn," Collins said. "I’ve had eight years to live and learn, so hopefully I’m better off than I was."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You have to love the story here. A guy who had the talent to be a hall of fame player and basically squandered it with mediocre effort and an alcohol problem.

This year he is totally focused on getting that ring.

Much has been said about his steadiness, leadership and the fact he has avoided sacks and ints. But let's not forget that this guy can throw with anyone and he can complete a 21 yard out pattern on a third and 22 or throw a laser beam on a post route like the TD pass to gage against the steelers. He can make some plays with his arm that some QBs can't.

3. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Camp Fodder

I remember reading similar stories during his run with the Giants as well. I think a great defense and run game has improved Collins more than anything else. No need to take chances and turn the ball over when you're in the lead, dominating the clock and have a D that can shut down any comeback.

He turned the ball over twice against the Ravens in our first meeting, so I'm hopeful that we can force turnovers again tomorrow. This will certainly be one of the keys to the game.

0 Collins Turnovers: Advantage Titans
    1 Collins Turnover: Coin flip
    2+ Collins Turnovers: Advantage Ravens

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm thinking it's going to be more about the overall turnover battle. Both QBs had 2 INTs last game. Also, don't the Titans lead the turnover margin in the NFL?

This game is certainly close, but I like the matchup of Titans defense versus Ravens offense. Basically I think our offense holds up better than the Ravens throughout the game. People are just sleeping on the fact that our defense will come out on fire. I fully expect someone on our defense to score in this game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I expect a similar game to last time. A close game through three quarters, and our offense being able to move the ball in the 4th. The Ravens haven't had a bye since Sept. We're rested. I think we can wear them down, and our line will keep us clean enough early on. The only problem is if we make a significant mistake or two and get into a hole. I think a ten point lead on us beats us, but anything else starting the fourth leads to a titans win.

6. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

I couldn't agree more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar