Matt Schaub vs. Billy Volek

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Jul 26, 2007.

?

who's better at football?

Poll closed Nov 23, 2007.
  1. that guy who used to ride our pine

26.9%
  2. that guy who could have had Mike Vick's job

38.5%
  3. they are equal in skill

34.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Sorry, that gold and light blue doesn't do it for me. Black and red is more awesome. Yeah, dasrite....I'm shallow like that. :))

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

uh...
    I intended this to be a non-public type poll. I just noticed that is public. I'm really sorry about that. I didn't even notice until now. I asked Jeff if he could change it and I assume he'll view the the PM shortly once he comes on the board in which case he either will or he won't. If he does I'll just delete this post. If doesn't, sorry again for the confusion, but the poll is mistakenly public.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I doubt anyone is too worried about being found out who they picked.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

but that's an alternate uniform.

[​IMG]

that uni is better than Atlanta or Houston uni.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Personally I think they are equal and just benefit from defenses having the adjust to a different QB then they gameplan for (running vs immobile)

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Is that why you haven't voted????

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

no. It's just I want to wait and see if someone can make me believe that one is better than the other. I stated earlier I felt them equivalent which is really as good as a vote. I just started thinking about these two the other day. With all the similarities I figured a really good debate might ignite over these guys.

One could also argue that neither is any good and any success had by either was just "flash in the pan" fluke stuff.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Gunny's say they are equal, that should be enough for you Jay. :))

9. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

It's hard to say which one is better, I would have to probably call it even at this point until we see more playing time out of both of them to do a better comparison.

I do know that Atlanta is probably kicking themselves right now for getting rid of Schaub after possibly losing Vick for the season. That one has to sting....

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I went Volek.. Volek has an 86.8 career rating, Schaub 69.2. Volek has a 60.3 compl %, Schaub 52.2. Volek has a 26/13 TD/INT ratio, Schaub 6/6. And the most important "stat" to me - Volek has more starting experience, and held the team together while McNair was out... Falcons have struggled mightily when Vick is out. I dunno - I see a rough year ahead in Houston.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar