Matt Hasselbeck

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Okay since I am for bringing Matt Hasselbeck in and playing him over KFC, let me knock the guy down so no one else gets to. Hasselbeck will be 36 next September, he's had his hip drained three times since injuring it in Week 16 against the Bucs. Hasselbeck has also turned the ball over 22 times this season including lost fumbles, and that was in 14 games. His passer rating this year was a joke at 73.2, and yet many still want him. Yea me too :)

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

I think you've just convinced Bud to sign him to a long term contract. :eek:

3. amy

amy Starter

You know, there IS a reason McNabb was benched. Why on earth do you guys want a QB who has no legs and very little arm left? We have that already in KC! Besides, Fisher is going to be coaching for his job, whether it's going to be here or elsewhere. He has to have an effective, non-injury prone guy. McNabb is not that guy. I haven't a clue who he's thinking on, but I can guess just as good as the rest of you. So I'm guessing he has already been in touch with those who represent Matt Leinart.(is that the way his name is spelled?) Fisher is just crazy enough to want to show Bud just what the guy that HE wanted can do. Trust me on this. :D

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

McNabb>Hasselbald. And he eats his soup.

5. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I think a lot of people could easily say that Vince Young is a better choice than Hasselbeck.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No question about that. Kerry Collins is also better but we had a poster who watched one seahawks game all year, the playoff game and got the bright idea that he was a good guy to have. Did he look up any data or statistics on the guy first? Of course not that is the gotitans way of doing things.

7. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Lol there'd be no discussion if people didn't post their harebrained schemes before thinking about them.

8. iQon

iQon Starter

You know, when we had Vince Young and people would compare him to the best QB's in the league, like Brady, Manning, Rivers, Brees, etc. to explain why he sucked; I thought, "gee, some fans have high standards for a guy that was obviously not that kind of QB".

Now he's gone and all I see on the front page is... Brady Quinn, Alex Smith, Kyle Orton, Matt Hassellback...

So much for high standards.

Can we at least name QB's that are better than Vince. Hell, Kerry's better than these guys.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree except with Orton. Orton is a notch above KC.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

After watching the game vs the Bears, i'd b happy with Hasselbeck.

He can still throw a beautiful ball & has good leadership. I seriously doubt that he'll go anywhere besides Seattle, or he'll just retire. We'd def need to draft a QB to develop under Matt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar