Mathis signs five-year, $30 million extension with Colts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Colts defensive end Robert Mathis signed a five-year, $30 million contract extension Monday that includes an initial signing bonus of $8.1 million. ...more

[​IMG]

2. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I hope last year wasn't a fluke...

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i do

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

that's what i meant :lol:

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

they just running to cap hell.

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

What is the real deal with Freeney? According to the NFL player association web site Freeney is signed through the 2008 season, but this article says he will be a FA next spring. I find it hard for the Colts to make Mathis a top 10 paid DE and then also give Freeney his monster deal.

Tarick Glenn is going to be a FA soon as well as other guys like Kendyll Pope, Gilbert Gardner, Jason David.

In 2008 Manning has a cap hit of 11.5mil, Harrison 7.6mil, and Cory Simon 5mil.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he had a two year option, which he didnt exercise.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Thanks for the info.

If Odom, Laboy, Schobel look like they can't handle the job then it sure would be nice to make a run at Freeney. Weaken your enemy while strengthening your own team.

I would think that Freeney would be a holdout if he gets franchised. It sure wouldn't make me happy to have the FO lay out the cash for a 3rd yr player and then expect the superstar to play on a yr to yr basis under the tag.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

man imagine Freeney and KVB.

I hope we sign Freeney, we will have the money.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think the Colts would look to trade Freeney if they can't sign him. Even franchised means he sucks up even MORE cap space than signing him to a long term deal. So if they can't afford his long term deal, they certainly can't afford his franchise #.

Question is, what would you give up in a trade for Freeney? 2 first rd picks?

I suspect with Dungy as the HC, Freeney won't be going anywhere. If Harrison is outplayed by Wayne, we could see Harrison traded or cut to keep Freeney...a much younger player!

Me...I'd love to get Freeney and have him 'visit' Manning several times a season!!! :)

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar