Mass Effect walkthrough

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

So I take it you highly recommend this game huh Pucky? I just finished Bioshock (truly awesome), now I need a new fix. I feel like a RPG, and I've already played Oblivion. Think this is the next RPG I should try?

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

simply, Mass Effect is a mixture of KotoR and Halo
    there's alot to do and it's a great story
    the game is designed for you to use Biotics (magic?) and Tech stuff, but i played a soldier since there are a plenty of tech/biotic companions

give me some good armor, lots of HP and a shotgun (for which there are some real good ones) and let's rock

yes, Bo ..... Mass Effect is worth a play, very much so
    I bought it as I'll probably play it again

if you intend to buy it, try to find the uber scarce Limited Edition tin

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Got a few questions.

Should I scan the keepers? I know it says you're not supposed too....but maybe naughty is ok? :brow: I assume I do this by finding that skinny guy who was trying to scan one that I saw.

I go to C-sec to see what kinda goodies I can get as a Spectre, but everything is way expensive. Just have to wait to earn more money? Is there a good way to earn doh?

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I was hoping that scanning the keepers would have an impact on the endgame, but i'm not sure it did
    scanning them early on gives you plenty of cash and EXP

don't buy any of the junk Spectre gear at C-Sec yet
    unless he's already selling the HMSVR (whatever) gear

go doo some planetary sidequests and look on your radar for stuff that doesn't show up on your map .... money/EXP

early on, I relied heavily on the Tornado series shotguns, then moved into the Spectre shotguns....

take Liara and Tali with you

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the best gear on Citadel really is from the squid looking dude in the Financial District, not from the C-Sec requisitions officer
    REMEMBER - buy the licenses that are offered to you

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Am I right about the scanning in that I have to find the guy that I saw early on trying to scan one to learn how to scan one?

I'll do some side quests before I leave the Citidal find the first bad guy (forget his name).

Don't think I've seen a Tornado shotgun yet. I've been using mostly the assault rifles.

I saw the squid guy preaching. I'll help his weird *** out :thumb:

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the preacher was in front of the Tower
    the one i'm referring to is in the finacial distrcit (on the other side of the 'creek'

you get the Scan the Keepers quest from the guy in Citadel Tower
    he gives you a scanner for your job and that opens the scan options

assault rifles (imo) suck until later on
    the accuracy sux

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

btw,... how do you like it so far ?

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

It's very good. Think I like KOTOR a bit more, but this game looks like it'll be well worth it.

I picked assault rifles because I thought shotguns would not work for long to medium distance. OTOH, the assault rifle is not very accurate. Haven't really played around with the weapons much.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

can you see how this could have been a KOTOR title ?
    and yes, Knights does have a little more "it"
    but I was very much into this game for a solid week

On one hand, I'm looking forward to 2 more Mass Effect titles
    on the other, I'd rather have just one more Knights of the Old Republic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar