Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's getting a good bit better as I get further in to the game. Still very corny dialogue and acting, and pretty boring gameplay. But it's getting better and now I don't have to make myself play it like I did at first.

It's basically a Halo 3 clone. Same gripes with that game.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah, difference is no one plays Halo for the story.

3. Deuce Wayne

That was actually a huge selling point of Halo.

Probably more so than in ME. Thus the reason for all the toys, real movie scene trailers, etc. That was the best part of it I suppose, was the theatrics of it.

It seemed like rubbish to me, but so did the hyped gameplay.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Halo's selling point is the multi-player which is still being used.

Why fanboys buy the master chief Pyjamas probably has more to do with being losers

5. Deuce Wayne

But they've got books and all. Just saying...

I'm sure they're nerds/losers, but I'd say the same for anyone playing ME for the story. Then again... I'd bet half the buyers of this game paid for it so they could have sex with some robot alien.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Oh yeah there are books and all, but they tell a better story then the games (I've heard) which I don't even think has one and I've played 1 2 and 3.

Something about a ring? Like I care, I'm just shooting bright coloured aliens. It's like a homophobes dream, to shoot bright coloured pansies.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

how could anyone possibly mix this up with Halo ? Gears of War maybe ....

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's not confused with Halo, Deuce has the same gripes.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Been playing ME2 for a bit now and must say I'm disappointed. They toally screwed the equipment and skills system, and instead of the annoying MAKO, you know have the annoying minigames of flying around and manually scanning planets... and the controls suck, why the hell didn't they just keep it the same as ME1??

10. Smudger

Smudger Starter

Have to say I think the gear upgrade system is weaker in ME2 but I don't find scanning planets as much of a pain compared to the MAKO missions. I still have a bit to go but so far I think ME2 is a great follow up. I didn't like the idea of fighting for Cerberus though as I wailed on them in ME1 and the jump to the "other side" just seems a bit too big.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar