Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

great game
    feels different than the first
    noticeable ommissions : Mako
    one of the prettiest games ever
    the story grabs you by the balls within the first 10 minutes

no reason anyone with a 360 shouldn't be checking this out

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I didn't play the first one, but wanted to- now I'm thinking about getting this. But then again, I haven't gotten CODMW2 yet...which is a must.

Can you jump in to this not knowing the back story with the first one?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I haven't gotten the second one yet but I read that it has a summary of the first game.

But I recommend the first game, outside of the annoying elevator loadings it's an awesome game.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah, you 'could' play this as a standalone, but there's benefit to playing through the first one first. importing a completed 1 character offers bonus' and more backstory for example.
    there are many references to the original that most may not get without experiencing the first one......or it's possible that all that is omitted for those jumping in for the first time

5. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

I played a non-imported male shepherd soldier for my first playthrough. It creates a canon story, so yeah you can play it alone, and it will fill you in MOSTLY on what you miss. Since you have no investment with the characters yet, it will omit characters from the first that while they were major in the first, have no bearing on the second.

It was still good. I got my save now from ME1, and im going to do my paragon import and see how it plays out.

Oh yeah, your people CAN die, and its hard to keep them all alive without a imported character (its possible, I did when I loaded my game back before the mission after i beat it). So there are definitely advantages to playing ME1 first.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ that is possible

that'll be my 2nd play through, doing the Paragon this time

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

as for the graphics, that could very well be in game

9. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

This game is like crack. When I bought it, I realized my roommate erased my Mass Effect 1 save file so I didnt play it until I re-beat the first one. Great game, I'm on my second play through. I love the importance of Joker in this one.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Finally bought it, havent had a chance to pop it in yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar