Mason - Do you want him back?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

well the sad truth is theres about a 1/1000 chance we get Dmase back, because the RAVENS arnt even shopping him!

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That's the likely reality..

Dmase and jackson are not even being shopped. Dmase more likely than jackson i would think. the ravens are paying more for mason.

We can also wonder if the jets have any real desire to cut loose mccareins so all these dicussions are a lot to do about nothing until we learn more. That's what happens when you are desperate..

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

guys i hate to break it to you but the cards are starting to be revealed and its looking like our WR core is gonna be a bunch of #3's this year. lets hope Lendale and young can produce

4. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

He is the best WR the Tennessee Titans have ever had since moving to Nashville. There is no question if its possible to do YES BRING BACK D-MaSe anything outside a 1st round pick though!

5. Nine

Nine Starter

Mason's got maybe 2-3 years left in him (if that), and he didn't exactly leave on the best of terms.

Moreover, he got awfully pouty and whiny in '04, when Bennett had his hot streak. Suddenly Mason wasn't the clear-cut #1 guy, and he couldn't stand it. The same thing is happening in Baltimore....he had more receptions than any other Ravens WR in 2006, yet still whined about not being a bigger part of the gameplan.

I wouldn't object to Mason coming back...if the FO likes him, I'll trust their judgment implicitly....but I really don't think DMase and the Titans are a good fit anymore. I just don't see Mase as a guy who would be happy finishing out his career with a developing young QB and mentoring the younger WR's.....especially if he ends up being the #2 or #3 guy on the depth chart, which is a very real possibility at this stage of his career.

Here it is in a nutshell: Mason was happier being the clear-cut #1 WR on a 6-10 team in '05 than he was after going 13-3 while splitting touches with Clayton and Heap this year. Personally, I'd prefer a guy who plays for the team, instead of a guy who expects the team to play for him.

6. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Very well put.

IMO bringing back mason is like going out on a date with a former girlfriend after being broken up for 2-3 years, it never works out that great the second time around.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

end this discussion there not shopping him anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar